“Sweet Ambiance”

Wimberley Valley Winery
Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Driftwood
Reviewed May 5, 2014

A lovely new (2011) wine-tasting venue on a back road in the Hill Country, worth the search if you enjoy sweet Texas wines or very lovely South Africa whites and reds.

All reviews
"selection"
in 9 reviews
"sangria"

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Not far from Driftwood Winery lies Wimberley Valley Winery. Located near the town of Wimberley, this venue offers quests a lovely atmosphere and some fine wines for tasting. The joy of wine tasting is two-fold, first, one can sample a variety of wines, and second, one can enjoy the company of fellow travelers in a relaxing atmosphere. The staff was personable and knowledgeable and we enjoyed a pleasant time during a lovely afternoon on the continuation of our Texas Hill Country adventure.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Beautifully designed and decorated! I would love to have an event here. It was a great place to sit and relax and enjoy some wine. We tend to like sweet wines, and this was the place for that. If you are looking for real complex and/or dry wines you will be disappointed, though. If you come during the summer they have iced wine drinks - perfect match to sweet wines and hot, humid Texas summers! The 'taster" was very helpful and kind. They have a fun back porch with lots of kitschy touches like a bar made out of an old double-decker bus. This is the wine equivalent to a really fun paperback beach read - fun, refreshing, light and a little fruity, but not any real substance or depth.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Took my in laws here on Saturday on a mini wine tour around Driftwood. The lady we had was young but friendly. I got a free plastic cork screw for checking in on Yelp. The tasting room is large but dark. No windows. A huge fire place and couch. The counter is high. Too high for my taste as I am short. I don't like standing on my tip toes to read the tasting menu. The biggest surprise for us was that truly they only have five wines of their own. All sweet. Sweet red, blush and white but all sweet. You get 5 tastings for $5 but the entire right side of the menu is wines you can go taste at a Spec's. We did buy two bottles of Port as it was good and my in laws like Port. However, they didn't give us credit for the tastings on the bottles. One of my biggest annoyances with many wineries these days. They have some small horses, donkeys and lamas out front. No outdoor space at all to enjoy a glass of wine. I don't think we will be back until a few things change. Other wineries in the area deserve our time and money.