“My stay here”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Donna
Alice, Texas
“My stay here”
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Got here late but my room was available.
Room was very nice. Had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast was ok. Nice TV in room as well. Had to pay extra for something like lodgenet,and getting there close to 1am like I was going to watch movies. This is a great place to stay,nice staff,fast check in. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
BestWestern44631, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Best Western Guest,

As always we appreciate doing business with every single guests that walks into our hotel. Just to clarify we do have an amenity fee of 1.00 plus tax for offering our HD pay per view in room movies we offer. It is available to all guests at all times of day. We do apologize if it was an inconvenience, we definetely do not strive for that. If you do have any other questions or concerns, please do feel free to contact me at the hotel (956) 464-7777. I sure hope to see you as a returning guest. Have a wonderful day and again thank you for choosing to stay at Best Western Donna Inn & Suites!

Ileana J. Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

After staying at this hotel many times, the spaciousness always brings comfort during my travel(s). I stayed at this hotel due the billboards on my way through Mercedes. The staff checked me in, and when I opened the door, the large room awaited me. With a large soft bed, couch, chair, desk, mini fridge, and microwave it is a place to rejuvenate.

This hotel is very spacious and quiet. The breakfast is good, and I would defiantly return.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Pabrown210432
BestWestern44631, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Best Western Guest,

I am so pleased to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. Our goal is to always provide top notch service and accommodations to our guests as well as to uphold the brand standards that Best Western has set forth.
Thank you for staying with us!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Tried this out since Best Western we used to stay in down the hwy is no longer. This hotel is far superior to most in Best Western chain. They've done a really nice job with the rooms and decor - the overall furnishings look like something in a much pricier hotel. It's being kept up well, very clean and good service.

I will agree with a previous reviewer regarding thin walls - we could hear neighbors in next room very well.

If you're in the Valley and need a place to stay, you can't go wrong with this Best Western.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mikesluckywife
BestWestern44631, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Loyal Guest,

I would like to thank you for your business and for staying at our Best Western in Donna, TX.

Like i have always stated and will continue to state, we are not a business unless our guests are happy and enjoy their stay. If it isn't for our guests we would never know what to do to improve and better our service. If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 956-464-7777.

We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

Elgin, Texas
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We were there from December 17-19 2011. Upon checking in, the first 2 rooms we were given had A/C problems. On the 3rd try we finally got a room that met our expectations. Other than that, everything was excellent including the staff. We will return.

Room Tip: The rooms are good size and very clean.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alfred1952
BestWestern44631, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks for work. Wireless internet worked well, staff was friendly. Better breakfast than normal (they actually rotate three different breakfasts). Comfortable beds, refrigerator and microwave in room. Room was large enough that my roomie and myself had plenty of room.

The only negative I can say is that there is nothing right around the hotel. No convenience store, no restaurant.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jeffari-al-texani
Thank you for your recent stay at our property.

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed here for one night. The hotel looked brand new. The rooms were very nice, had free wireless internet, a microwave and a refrigerator. The lady at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great--even had eggs, sausage and biscuits. What more could we want? We were very pleased.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Texas_Surfers
BestWestern44631, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Best Western Guest,

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. I am so pleased to hear that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share your review with our team members. Our goal is to always provide top notch service and accommodations to our guests as well as to uphold the brand standards that Best Western has set forth.We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you for staying with us!

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed March 19, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel ~3 times since it opened. Looks great - well kept - but the best time to stay is when it's less than half full. This morning a noise complaint was called in on us at 5 AM because our alarm clock went off for three seconds. We didn't even talk to have the TV on (actually it was muted) as we showered and packed up. How thin are these walls?! Of course I think the complainer was the room down the hall that came it at midnight with screaming/door-slamming kids...

Best Western - I love the facelift and design - but I need sleep - I don't need being woken up ever 15 minutes when someone down the hall sneezes!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bugs4cy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Donna
Victoria Palms Inn & Suites
Best Western Town Center Inn
Palm Aire Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Alamo - McAllen East
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mercedes

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!