“Consistently Tasty”

Monterey's Little Mexico
Ranked #14 of 53 Restaurants in Dickinson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've had the pleasure of dining here many times over the past few years. I've always found the food to be consistent and tasty. The portions are large and usually enough for a "doggie bag". Though not the absolute best Mexican food in Houston, I do not hesitate in recommending this restaurant. The chips and salsa are very good, and plentiful.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

If you want to wait, and wait, and wait and never get a refill this is your place. I have gone at almost every time of day to find the same results.

1  Thank babymains
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My family and I visited Monterey's Little Mexico for dinner and had a wonderful experience. The food was terrific, and there was a lot of it! We took home leftovers and had them for lunch the next day. The Monterey sampler appetizer plate was huge (plenty for a party of 5). We loved the chips and hot sauce and particularly the green sauce! All of the main entrees were awesome, our waiter was very attentive, and we had a great time. Monterey's Little Mexico has been in Dickinson for many years, and we love going there. Definitely check it out for great Mexican food!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I don't know what the previous reviewer was expecting in a TexMex restaurant, and seeing where their home base is, they may wish to remain in Canada and eat salmon. I have always been pleased with the service here. Lately, it has been very crowded, (apparently due to the good food and etc which people know it for), so we have had a short wait for tables, but our waiters/waitresses have taken care of us well. The Mexicana burger is the best burger I've ever had and I've had them all over the country. Fajitas, chicken dishes, we've had the whole menu and haven't had a complaint. The 'Little Mexico' margarita will surprise you with its potency. Ask for Trey, Megan, Austin-but all of them will treat you great. If you wish something changed or want it cooked a certain way just ask. Add a 'jalapeno toreados' if you think you can handle a hot pepper-great grilled pepper flavor with your meal. Try the Texas burrito and have them fill it with carne guisada-not on the menu, but be prepared to take most of it home for later...enjoy

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We were shown to a table and then left, no one came to take our drink order until we were about ready to get up and leave. And we were early before the diner rush so there was no need for this. After finally getting a waiter he got the drink order wrong, but did make good on this eventually. Should have left as the best was yet to come.
Tasteless, that is the first thing that comes to mind about this restaurant. The cook seriously needs to learn about using some spice in his boiled food. I had the beef tacos and enchilada plate. The ground beef used tasted like it was boiled not fried as water ran out of the taco, not grease. There was no evidence of spicing in the meat from either appearance or taste. Hard shell taco, lettuce, cheese and meat. No sauce, no sour cream. no tomatoes nothing else. Had to ask for sour cream and used the salsa from the nacho chips to give it some taste. Not even hot sauce on the table! The only thing that gave the enchilada any taste was the sauce, as the beef was the same tasteless tuff from the taco. My friend had some concoction of chopped fajita meat on a bun with onions, peppers and an almost liquid refried beans. It looked good until you tasted it. The bun, which should have been crispy, was a soft bun and absorbed all the moisture from the vegetables and refried beans. Seriously, who spreads refried beans on a soft bun? The thing was tasteless mush.
Wasn't cheap either and my portions were small. Plenty of other Mexican restaurants in town so just move along and find one that knows how to cook.

2  Thank SevernSound