“One night only”

Days Inn Dickinson TX
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Dickinson
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Really off location for a motel, but it is clean. Everything was nice because everything is new. Your close to the highway so you can get to most things pretty quick. There is a grocery store and fast food nearby. Odd thing is that the motel is behind a gas station. There is a tall privacy fence so you don't notice it unless your coming or going. Hotel staff did not speak much, my guess is they live on the property. All in all, if your only paying 50 bucks or so, it is worth it. Breakfast is the standard cereal and waffles, no eggs.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank teachthemyoung

Reviewed July 22, 2011

Booked this motel as we were just passing through. The building appears new and so everything was nice, except bed covering had pieces of food on it where someone other than my family had eaten on the bed. We simply pulled bed covering off as we always do. Small breakfast area (two tables), but that was ok since we were te only ones using it. Good value if property remains in same condition. I paid 55 dollars a night.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank curt1480
Reviewed August 25, 2010

I was in town for the weekend visiting my son. I am from Calif. Upon arriving about 9:30ish, the man at the front desk was pretty rude. I asked what my room rate was & he grumbled,I asked if they had wifi, & he grumbled, He asked how many I said 1 but had a friend with me who would not be spending the night. he looked over his glasses at me & asked again. Feedling I was getting nowhere fast I said fine 2. when he gave me the card key he said 2nd floor. However the day before I had called to make sure I had a first floor room. Just a preference I have. he got angry $ asked why I didnt mention that before checking in. He grumbled more & change me to a 1st floor room. Maybe he had a bad night. But I am the customer & felt I was treated poorly. The room was nice. The air worked great. I might stay again if I can know I would not have to deal with that night worker again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank emrose72
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Days Inn Dickinson is well kept and has very reasonable rates.

The place is clean. From the shower to the parking lot, everything was kept up well. Even the landscaping was tidy.

The room was spacious and the heat / cooling made the room the perfect temperature for me in minutes. For being right near the highway and near so many fast food places, it was fairly quiet.

Bed was firm and comfortable. They don't chince on the pillows.

Staff was friendly and permitted our discount. Staff immediately corrected a problem when our key cards stopped working on the second day. Staff knew where the good restaurants were.

The laundry machines were clean and in working order. We had been on the road for a bit so it was nice to throw a load of laundry in and have more clothes for the rest of the trip.

The location is good - right off the highway with a handful of fast food places within a 500 foot walk, or a dozen restaurants within a 1 minute drive.

The driveway into the hotel is hard to spot among the other businesses. It is easier to pull into McDonalds then exit their parking lot in the back to get to the hotel than find a street that you can get access to the hotel parking lot.

They provide a breakfast but basically have no lobby, so grab a coffee and go to one of the several restaurants near there. I don't see a good solution for them to fix this other than adding on an addition to their lobby which would raise the rates.

This is not a fancy hotel - but it is a well-kept, clean place to stay. We decided to stay multiple nights because its quality, rates and closeness to everything we wanted to do in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank JamesKPolkIowa
Reviewed May 17, 2008

My boyfriend and I had just left a wedding near the San Luis Pass and it was getting late. Instead of making the long trek back to Houston, we decided to stop midway to get some sleep. Days Inn was right off of the freeway and located conveniently near a Whataburger, so we stopped. The lobby closes at a certain time of night. We booked our evening through a little window, which was kind of creepy. However, when we got into the room, we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean and spacious. We had a large bed, fold-out couch (which was divided from the bedroom with an arched doorway), fridge, and microwave. The bed and pillows were very firm, leaving my body a little sore the next morning. The bathroom was decent and stocked with plenty of towels. The shower curtain had a curved bar to give extra room. It was quiet and very dark while we were sleeping. However, we did get an unexpected wake-up call in the morning, asking if we were going to stay an extra night. It was ten minutes before check-out time (11am)... which made me feel a little as though they were rushing us out of there. We didn't have any breakfast, but I got a glimpse of it on the way out. It wasn't very impressive- a couple of cereals, juice, and coffee. The lobby seems a little worn-down and in need of some renovation. Overall, it was a decent stay for one evening.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank m0schmoe
Reviewed February 23, 2008

Overall the customer service was great. Our original room my wife and I was assigned to had approxx 2 inches of old bathwater in the tub as well as the stopper control was ripped off the tub.We reported it to the check in and was immiediatly assinged to another room. Our second room was clean and had no trouble getting towels.We were however awakened the following morning by a physical dispute buy the hotel owner and some guest that were attempting to steal sheets and stuff from the room and the cops ended up showing up but the situation was handled well.The grounds were overall kept clean and is located near several fast food joints"within walking distance" as well as a gas station.The only other problem we encountered was our key cards quit working frequently but management quickly fixed the problem no questions asked.We stayed for 3 nights and was pleased,The matressess could stand to be a little softer but hey it was a good place to crash after a 10 hr drive.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank cfd_05
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Good price, but nothing special. Beds firm & not soft. Plenty of pillows though - 4 per bed! Everything good & clean, but clock radio on the fritz - time was off. Could not fix - miswired or broken. A/V jacks on TV also busted - no hooking up the DVD player or vid games. Management apologized & I'm sure they would have given us another room or done a wake up call had we asked. We only stayed a night & figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Shower had curved shower bar for extra elbow room. Frige had a whole freezer shelf and an ice tray, unlike most places with only a little metal thing attached to the inside of frige. Microwave with frige. Breakfast was in the office - not much of a lobby. Cereal bars, Mini muffins, 2 kinds dry cereal; OJ, Milk & coffee. No place to sit for breakfast - strictly grab n go. Did have laundry room - didn't use. McDonalds very close by with Playplace for kids - had carnival/carousel theme. Also nearby - some fast food restaurants and a nice seafood place.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Terra58
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dickinson
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/League City
Comfort Inn & Suites Galveston Bay Refineries
Candlewood Suites League City
Candlewood Suites League City
#3 of 4 in League City

Been to Days Inn Dickinson TX? Share your experiences!