“Great Deal for the Price”
Review of Diboll Inn

Diboll Inn
Diboll Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Diboll
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was more than satisfactory. I think it must be under new management based on some of the other reviews. The staff was extremely friendly both when we checked in and when we checked out. I believe it was a couple with young children that owns the hotel. It looks like they have been working on renovating the hotel because all the linens and the tv were brand new in our room. The room was also very clean. It is right off the highway, but we were not bothered by road noise at all. The breakfast was just basic muffins and cereal, but the coffee was fresh, and honestly most hotels at this price point don't include breakfast. We were just looking for a clean place to stay for a low price and the Diboll Inn and Suites delivered. If you are too fancy pants for a two star hotel then don't stay at one and then say it was awful - that's not really fair.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Holly G
There are newer reviews for Diboll Inn

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Just after 1400 on Monday, the 18th of June,2012, my wife & I stopped at
the Diboll Inn & Suites in expectation of booking a room near our
daughter's family. It didn't work out as we thought.

My wife was booking the room and I was playing with my camera. I took a
picture of Cathy at the counter in the lobby and was about to take another
when the owner / front desk clerk interrupted me and said I was not to
take any pictures in his lobby and to delete the ones I had taken. I
thought the request was presented rather discourteously but agreed anyway.
I was about to delete the picture when this person told me I had to delete
both pictures. I attempted to show him that there was only one picture
with the replay feature on the camera when he again stated very firmly
that I had to delete both pictures. I have to admit I took this as the
same as calling me a liar and lost my temper. I told my wife to retrieve
her credit card and that we would go elsewhere. The fellow returned the
credit card and called me a b******d. Really – is that unbelievable or
what? So I took his picture and told him to call the police. At which time
he starting cursing. I could not understand all he said but I believe I
heard the word b******d at least twice more.

We are now at the Quality Inn in Lufkin and it seems very nice even if it
is less convenient. And the lady at the front desk, Melissa, was a very
pleasant person.

Room Tip: Save yourself the stress, drive 8 more miles and stay in Lufkin.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cathyds2
Reviewed December 1, 2011

Stayed here one night on a trip to South Texas. Looks good on the surface but has major flaws.

1. No ice on the property
2. No wireless unless you go to the lobby
3. LOUD! Truck traffic is brutal at this place

If you can, avoid this dump.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Robbie F
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I had no complaints. The only really thing that could have been better was the bed. It was a little worn out.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2008

We were traveling back home to Wis. and got in a horrific rush hour traffic in Houston...By the time we got to the Best Western in Diboll, Tx...we didn't care where we laid our head.

Well, believe me, it sounded like there were no windows in the place. It is right next to the highway, PLUS a railroad track. We slept with ear plugs, and even that didn't help. YOu couldn't hear the t.v. over the traffic noise.

The motel looks great from the outside, but our room had an odor in it. My husband thought it was the toilet..which was an old fashioned thing that had a button on top of the tank that, you had to push. The hinges on the bathroom door needed oiling. Squeeked everytime it moved.

The only good thing I could say about it was that it had a decent continental breakfast..nothing great..but o.k. We paid $75 for the night, and it was the worst hotel for the money we had on our 3 week t rip. .. Oh by the way..not free internet in the lobby either, which even super 8's offer.

Wouldn't stay there again......even for half the money.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank jakesmema
Reviewed April 10, 2007

I had pre-booked the BW in Diboll on my way to Vicksburg. The hotel is right next to the highway and traffic noise is intrusive. Nothing to particularly recommend the hotel which is functional, not a place to linger. Lacklustre breakfast. Launderette adjacent to the hotel is frequented by Hispanic migrant workers and is very run down, the hotel would benefit from a laundry area.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Diboll
Best Western Plus Crown Colony Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Hampton Inn and Suites Lufkin
La Quinta Inn Lufkin
La Quinta Inn Lufkin
#5 of 14 in Lufkin

Been to Diboll Inn? Share your experiences!