“Downward Tumble”

Mason Chicken & Seafood
Ranked #25 of 61 Restaurants in DeSoto
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have eaten at Mason's before and were satisfied - not great, but what we expected from a fast-food joint. Unfortunately, our most recent visit was a HUGE disappointment. We ordered a family pack to feed visiting guests and were embarrassed to serve it to them. The catfish was the worst - heavily breaded with only a hint of actual fish and terribly over-cooked. Shrimp was OK but again, mostly hidden in the breading. Chicken strips, fries and hush puppies tasted like they were pre-cooked and microwaved. Even the condiments were inedible. Cocktail sauce tasted like it had been diluted with vinegar.
There was nothing good about the food we purchased and I can no longer recommend it. There are other similar fast-food establishments in DeSoto and this one should be avoided.

2  Thank Keith D

Reviewed August 1, 2013

The best thing about this restaurant is the variety. You can of course get burgers and fries. But large shrimp dinners, pork chops, spicy sausage, and Chinese dishes are available. I also recommend the corn fritters. This is not the place to go if you want a sit down meal. You can eat indoors but it is small and not cozy. They also have outdoor tables. But remember this is Texas. Don't plan to eat outdoors in the summer. If you are looking for out of the ordinary fast food choices you will get that here. The service is not super fast. On the positive side, that's because they don't cook anything before you get there. Take the food home and enjoy it.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Mason's in Desoto for a few years. In the last few months, the food has been poorly made and service has been awful and slow. I strongly suggest a crew change and a few upgrades.

This last visit it took over 35 minutes to get a cheeseburger and fries. When I did receive the food it was cold. Burger was dry and poorly made. Sad to say, I won't be returning to Mason's again.

1  Thank ZJones08
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Today is 12.17.12 I have been a great enduring patron of this restaurant. Today I go in this establishment and the first thing I see is that the Menu's that normally hang above the service area is no longer there. I then ask the server, "what happen to the menu's" the server states"The prices are going up, and he is not finished with it', ithen ask for one of the dishes that I sometime order and find out that it cost 2.00 more than it did a week ago I could not believe but I ordered it anyway. While I'm wait I take a look at the paper menu brochure and it says "Lower Prices/Better food" on the brochure, I started laughing, because I just paid $2.00 more than I normally would pay. I got my order and was very ,very dissapointed , it was smaller portions and did not taste the way the food normally taste from this location, It did not even look like it came from Mason's.
It was dry, not juicy and tender as it use to be and I paid more money for it. I don't know what is going on at this location, but IT IS NOT GOOD. They have lost a frequent customer and will not return to be SHINGELED and DISSAPOINTED AGAIN. It did not feel like the same establishment and THAT IS SAD..

Reviewed March 13, 2008

This is the place to go if you like catfish, shrimp, and much, much more. They even serve Cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. I can't wait to come back

4  Thank Fortunetraveler

Been to Mason Chicken & Seafood? Share your experiences!