“Less than expected”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in DeSoto
Denison, Texas, United States
“Less than expected”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Unfortunately we did not have the good experience that other reviewers enjoyed. Hard to find was not the worst part. The hotel is very worn and shabby once you take a good look. The pool and hot tub were out of order. The room with two queen beds was very small and one bed had a decent mattress and one so bad that after 30 mins of lying down, I knew I would not be able to walk the next day. Coffee pot is situated so far from the bathroom that getting water to it is a chore. Long black hairs on the floor of the bathroom was completely disgusting. Chair in the room was shabby and stained. After the hairs on the bathroom floor I was afraid to walk across the room without shoes. Bathroom was chipped and worn, stain under the sink area that revealed where the sink had leaked. We will be back at the Hampton our next visit to the VA Hospital.

Room Tip: There is not a good tip for this one. Sorry.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flushing, Ohio
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was an ideal place for me and my family of 5. I recently stayed at this location. I was very pleased with the interior, services and breakfast! A little hard to find off the highway..navigation seems to go crazy in this area, taking exit # 415 and following the road like the front desk advises is the best way to make it to the hotel. The last time i stayed here i was eating the same breakfast everyday. But now i see that they made an improvement and added delicious variety's of new breakfast items to the menu. My favorite was the endless french toast, my kids loved it to. I also notice they are in the process of renovating their pool!!!!!! Great idea to do it right before the summer!! In a few weeks ill bring my family, and friends back to this delightful property and stay at a "home" away from a home. I also noticed some negative comments. I think their complaints aren't legitimate. Everything it this hotel is working fine from my experience. It's way better then the ridiculous prices of Hampton and Holiday.. i receive better service and accommodations here then i ever did at these other hotels in the area. I am a frequent traveler with Choice and Hilton hotels, yet i choose to come here because of the warm feeling i receive. I usually don't take sides on anything but in my humble opinion this is a hidden treasure that enough people do NOT know about! Kudos to this hotel.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is quiet for me.. i prefer the corner as there isn't anyone above you and only one...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ryan S
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 26, 2014

A convenient location for myself when doing business in the area, many resturants in the area, good shopping, and quitet nights in the room. Not everyone out there enjoys an In & Out burger, but having lived several years in southern Ca. I was happy to see one accross the Hwy.This is a La Quinta location that the staff is there to support the guests any way possible.
Thanks for the stay!

Room Tip: I have only stayed at location once so far, and they picked a good room for me.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Clint T
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and our 2 toddlers stayed here because we had a funeral to go to in DeSoto. The kids and I ended up having to stay back because one got sick, so we ended up spending more time in the hotel than anticipated. First of all, our room was filthy. The chairs had stains and they were tattered. The restroom had a major leak. While lying in bed with my toddlers, water started pouring from the restroom vent. I tried calling front desk, but couldn't because NEITHER phone worked in my room. In a panic, I opened the door and asked a couple of passersby to call for help from their room. They did and no one came. Then, I looked around the room and found the hotel's number, called from my cell and notified woman at the front desk. Her reply was, " Maintenance won't be here until Monday or Tuesday." I then had to ask her for a new room. She said yes, but didn't ask if I needed help. She didn't even send up a cart after I requested one. I ended up having to call an in-law for help. (Someone who was even staying at the hotel). Also, if you want a late night snack, don't rely on the vending machine because it doesn't work. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2014
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I recently stayed at the DeSoto LQ while visiting friends in the area. It was just what I look for when I'm on vacation -- a clean, quiet, comfortable room in a convenient location, for a reasonable price. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was tasty.

Room Tip: My room faced north, overlooking the front of the hotel, and I was not bothered at all by noise. In...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeSoto
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas South-DeSoto
Days Inn & Suites DeSoto
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Red Oak
Best Western Plus Duncanville Dallas

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto? Share your experiences!