“San Antonio Bound” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in DeSoto
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
“San Antonio Bound”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

This hotel was very beautiful and especially accommodating. The room was spacious. There was an evening wine and hors d'hoerves reception - bonus! We appreciated the breakfast buffet and the 'to-go' bag was helpful for our day of driving!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
sonalimajmudar, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Marsie F:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers. We really do appreciate your feedback about the hotel! We introduced the Manager's Reception a few year's ago and our guest's just love it! We are continually improving upon it as well. We hope to see you all very soon! Thank you for staying with us :)

Sonali Majmudar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Groves, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

My son graduated from college in December 2012 and my sister did an event at this hotel and she called and shared with me about it and I am so glad that I decided to have my son's graduation dinner here it was one of the best 2013 decisons that I had made as for a venue to have this dinner he was extrremely happy and thankful.....Our stay here was so pleasant and inviting ...you truly have to come and experience it for yourself.....The staff was remarkable........Kudos to April, Courtney, David and Steven...........Keeping God 1st in all that I do!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Middle room suites are nice and large....
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear kim m:

WOW! What a wonderful review you provided of your experience at our hotel. The staff so appreciates you and adores you all! Congrats on the graduation and thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. We thank you for your business and hope to host you again soon :)

Cordially, Sonali Majmudar
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here December 22 to December 23. After driving with my husband, mother-in-law and 4 children I was exhausted and ready for some peace and quiet. We arrived about 1030 that morning and went to see if we could check in. We had two rooms reserved and the front desk clerk was so apologetic to us because the rooms were not ready. This amazed us because we knew check in was later in the afternoon. She apologized again and said I will call housekeeping and ask them to prepare your rooms. I explained to her it was no problem because we were getting to ready to go have breakfast. About two hours later we went back and the rooms were ready. I am particular about where I stay and went to check the rooms out and they were spotless. All the employees were friendly. The pool area was extremely clean and well maintained. The breakfast was great also with all several choices. All in all I would definitley stay here again.

Room Tip: There is not a restaurant on site but the breakfast was great. The beds are super comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Glamourgirl37,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel and sharing your experience with others. We appreciate it more than we can tell you in words. You are spot on in that cleanliness is so important in a hotel - and our team here does a great job as it is what we focus on most along with customer service.

We hope to host you again soon. Thank you for staying with us.

Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Expected a nice Hampton experience...found a great hotel, especially for this location and price! Room was larger than expected; everything seemed brand new; excellent breakfast set up; staff very attentive / helpful.

Minor notes: Minor road noise; TV in room kept cutting out on some local channels (staff said was a provider issue); indoor swimming pool area was nice but tile floor was extremely slippery to point of being unsafe. We slipped even when being very careful. Hot tub was way over 100 degrees...turn it down!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from I-35
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear thbond,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We appreciate your specific feedback about the hotel. In regards to the pool tile being slippery and the hot tub being too hot, we have made some changes to both of those items to make it more comfortable for our guests. The local channel issue was a satellite provider issue during the date of your stay and was resolved the next business day and in order to avoid any road noise the next time you are here, please request and even numbered room away from the highway! We thank you so much for your business and hope to host you again soon :)

Yours in hospitality,

Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have been traveling extensively on business the past few months and I needed to make a stop in Dallas. I booked a room at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Desoto and my experience was nothing less than Spectacular!!
First of all, after traveling for hours, check in was simple and the staff was very helpful with making sure my needs were met during my stay. I went to my room and about to unlock my door, I realized I left my key at the front counter. Loaded with bags, literally, as I turned around, the gentleman at the front desk was there to hand me my key, "Looking for this?" and also he added, " Is there anything else I can do for you Mr. Bencourte?" I was impressed! This was better service than I had at the Ritz Carlton.

The staff is great! The food is great! The rooms are super clean! Its surrounded by Dallas sites and restaurants, easy to get to major hwys, and minutes from Downtown Dallas. FREE WIFI!!

I was taking care of business during my stay, and rest assure, I knew when I walked through the double doors of the hotel lobby after a long day, that it was their business of taking care of me.

- Bencourte, New Guest For LIfe

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear BENCOURTE,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience here at our hotel. We so appreciate you and thank you for your business and for sharing your thoughts with other travelers searching for accommodations in the South Dallas area.

We hope to see you again very soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had an unexpected trip to Texas and booked a room at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Desoto based on the reviews I had read. The excellent reviews I read were 100% true. Great rooms ( and VERY clean ), updated and some of the most friendly staff I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.
I was there for a rather sad reason and going back to a hotel as pleasant as this made it a little easier.
The staff was beyond nice and one person in particular really went above and beyond to help with a minor situation ( just the fire alarm battery beeping ) and that was Courtney at the front desk. The maintenance girl was also wonderful and helpful.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great experience at a hotel in Texas.

Room Tip: The 2 queen bed room was excellent as well as the king bed suite. Both were excellent and a really n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Frostee M
Dear Frostee M,

Thank you so much for your review about our hotel. We so appreciate you sharing with other travelers about your experience here. We apologize about the smoke detector, and are grateful to our excellent staff for taking care of our customers like family. Courtney is a lovely addition to our team and she thanks you for the recognition. We hope to see you all again soon. Come back and stay with us. We will make sure your stay is perfect :)

General Manager/Owner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Both times we've stayed here, we called in last minute & got an excellent room right away. The front desk staff were delightfully cheerful, helpful & friendly.

The rooms were clean. Beds were comfy. Bathrooms were spotless. Very quiet with hardly any road noise from without.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank HappyHippyChick
sonalimajmudar, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear HappyHappyChick -

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience at our property. Additionally, thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel. We hope to host you again soon.

Have a great holiday season!

Sonali Majmudar
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas South-DeSoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
Days Inn & Suites DeSoto
BEST WESTERN PLUS Duncanville Dallas

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto? Share your experiences!