See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2018

This hotel appears to have once been very nice. Now, it is in very poor condition and has not been maintained. Our interaction with the hotel staff was lukewarm at best and downright rude at its worst. For starters, the lobby furniture all had cracks in the fake leather seating surfaces and other signs of extreme wear. There is only one elevator and it sounds as if its on its last leg even when empty. There were exposed areas of subfloor at the elevator landing and multiple areas with missing baseboard. The ice maker on our floor did not work. The hallway lighting was dim. Once in our room, we found peeling wallpaper, broken glass covering a wall hanging, and electrical outlets dangling from the wall. The room was supplied with two washcloths and 2 bath towels (no hand towels at all). When we called to ask for additional towels, we were told that there were none. There was a small coffee station in the room, but the lid provided did not fit the styrofoam cup provided. I will avoid this hotel brand in the future.

Room Tip: Dont stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I was on vacation with my family and took my dog, they gave me a room without air and then they changed me to another one, but the air was not very good either, the room smelled horrible and I had spots of other animals on the floor, my dog It was cleaner than the room I was given .. I went to see my parents' room and also did not read the air, they did not clean the room they just changed the soap and cleaned the horrible toilet! I do not recommend it

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2018

I was brought to the hotel by the shuttle and the driver Ray, I believe was his name, was nice. He accommodated my needs and made sure I had a Cart for the luggage. While checking in I had the pleasure of speaking with Kris. He made me feel as if I was a welcomed guest and his job was to make sure I had what was needed for a comfortable stay. It was nice to talk to a person with not only a great smile, but a sense of humor as my experience with others in Texas....everyone had a ugly face. We laughed a bit and I went to my room which was OK. It does need a face lift on the inside, which I understand is in progress, because the rooms a little bit dark. New AC units and drapery is needed. What I appreciated was the clean linen. After staying at other hotels and having to personally change stained or outright dirty linen at well-known hotels is was great for me. The breakfast is in a comfortable place, sausages, eggs, oatmeal, coffee, cold drinks, biscuits and gravy, and grits. It would be nice to have turkey sausage. The hot station had a guy who made omelets to order. He also had a great personality and tended to the guest. There was no loud noise, no kids running down the hall, no loud music from the room next door. Perfect for me. Indoor pool and play area for the kids, the workout area is under a face lift and I will return. Thank you Magnuson Grand for such great customer service and I look forward to my return when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2017

The appearance is excellent, but look out after you walk thru the front doors. The lobby does not have A/C, the rooms have to be worse, along with the talk downstairs we went to a REAL motel. To check in, one clerk worked his butt off with 4 in line, the other messed around and she kept going to the back room, seemingly to not help her co-worker give excuses to the reserved check ins.
WITH reservations!! We were told there were no rooms but sit and wait. Quite a few others were doing the same and I asked one, he said he had been waiting 5 hours for a room and to be called, and he had reservations too. This was on Sunday, 11-5-17.
In 50 years I have never seen this nonsense with any motel.
There are many motels with a mile, GET one.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms unless you can live without A/C on 85 degree humid days.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Steven M
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Me and Family stayed at Magnuson Grand over the Labor Day Weekend and had an awesome experience especially the Room Decor, The Hot Breakfast at I 35 and the the evening at Bobbisox Club. The Linen was neatly put and the washroom was well appointed. The staff was very courteous and welcoming and made our stay a WOW experience. For the price it was a kill and we would certainly stay at the hotel again and would recommend other prospect guests to consider staying. It goes without saying that GM Lamarr and Director Sales Jerry made our stay very comfortable.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family