“An older hotel with a nice breakfast.”

Magnuson Grand DeSoto
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in DeSoto
Dallas, Tx
“An older hotel with a nice breakfast.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

An older hotel with a nice breakfast. Nice pool area with lots of comfortable seating. The room was ok and the AC was abnormally loud but that helped cover up the highway noise. The price for the area was very competitive but unless you are a family or someone with pets, I think I might look elsewhere. If I stay again, I will ask for a room away from the highway. The hotel staff was very personable.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jerry s, Manager at Magnuson Grand DeSoto, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments about The Clarion and your stay in DeSoto, Tx. The Clairon is glad to hear about your great experience with our breakfast bar with cook to order eggs.I do apologize for the loud ac unit and the traffic volume from our freeway, the next time you are in the DeSoto area please feel free to call me personally so I may have the priveledge to VIP your next stay at the Clarion.
jerrys@clariondd.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel has it all, when you first walk in you are greeted not only by the friendly staff and management but you are greeted with a fresh and clean smelling place, in my book smell tells it all. Rooms are great, family and pet friendly. The overall look on the inside as you walk around is calming with plenty of sitting areas. And the breakfast they offer free is really good. I will be back next time with the whole family .

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience with Tripadvisor and The Clarion Family we value your input into how well we were able to assist you and we look forward to having you back in the future...
Waco, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked online using hotwire as a 3 star hotel. First room was not clean and looked like someone had just been hanging out in the room. Second room had what appeared to be fecal matter on the bed spread and the room was not clean. The front desk lady was very nice. I knew I could no get a refund. There is a club down stairs. I have nothing against a party but the action might be a little heavy for most. Not a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Frank G
Jeremiah S, Manager at Magnuson Grand DeSoto, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies.
I would invite you to contact me personally at 214-477-2480 (direct line), to discuss this with you further. (email is jerrys@clariondd.com)
Regards,
Sales Manager

Travelers are raving about these DeSoto hotels

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Everybody was so nice and helpful, we will be staying here next time! We went to visit a good friend and stayed there for 4 days, we loved it, they were a little busy when we checked in but the gentleman apologized for the wait and the bellman Ed carried my bags up for me while we ate at the bistro. I definitely recommend the buffalo chicken sandwich. So good. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed March 2014
Jeremiah S, Director of Sales at Magnuson Grand DeSoto, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Leslie,

On Behalf of the Clarion Hotel DeSoto, We would love to take the opportunity to thank you for your kind words you had to stay at our establishment. I will be sure to relay the message to Mr. Ed on your kind words you had to say about his willingness to lend a hand when it came to carrying your bags we at the Clarion our striving everyday to work on ideas on how to better serve you and your family we look forward to your next stay with us and would love the oppurtunity to book your next reservation.

If you have anything you need from me we are always here be sure to send me an email when beginning to book your next reservation so I can be sure to make your next stay even more enjoyable as a reward for you taking the time to review our establishment.

My email is jerrys@clariondd.com when in need call Jerry indeed!!!!
Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Okay let me start by saying I was sort of leery about visiting this hotel because of the bad reviews, but after staying here I am blown away. To start with there was an issue with the reservation, I needed a king size bed but the travel agency booked me into a room with two beds, because I booked through a travel agent and Elias, "Mr Hospitality" as he referred to himself, (I told you I would make you famous lol) was so accommodating. He went way above and beyond the call of duty to make the change, even carried my bags up to my room. I didn't think this was part of the service but he made it seem so natural. I checked out the lounge and restaurant after checking in and everyone was so nice. I am sorry I cant remember the bartenders name but she was so sweet. She was there on a Monday night. Last thing I have to mention is the amazing atrium. It was very scenic for a hotel. Thanks and I'll see you guys soon!!

Room Tip: Ask for "Mr. Hospitality"
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Under construction...I guess? If so nothing is being fixed! Is very dirty and has a awful smell, even the water smell like pond water. Don't be fooled by their pictures, the pool & hot tub do not work! There is nothing fun about as I feel they took my hard earned money!

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Jennifer H
Jeremiah S, Manager at Magnuson Grand DeSoto, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I would like to personally apologize on behalf of The Clarion for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I would invite you to contact me personally at ( jerrys@clariondd.com) so I can help make your next trip to Dallas/DeSoto.
Best Regards,
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a cheer competition at the Dallas Convention center where we had to book through the competition housing with certain hotels.....I waited way too long to reserve, this was all that was left and paid for it apparently in the form of a hotel with ZERO customer service, no hot water, dumpy rooms, closed playground and hot tub, trash everywhere, never any towels at the pool, freeway noise and running toilet nonstop. There are vending machines on each floor that are empty.....I waited at the front desk for 15 minutes to ask for towels to be delivered to the pool since the front desk clerk was MIA....it's now been another 20 minutes and still no towels. BAD experience...can't say you weren't warned. Off to wait at the front desk...AGAIN.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimberley S
Best Regards,
Sales Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas South-DeSoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
Days Inn & Suites DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto

Been to Magnuson Grand DeSoto? Share your experiences!