“Convenient to highway and well priced”

Studio 6 Denton - UNT
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Jacksonville, Florida
“Convenient to highway and well priced”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed for a week while helping someone move. It was busy and a little noisy during the weekend but pretty quiet during the week. If you are a light sleeper, get a second floor room as you can hear people walking overhead sometimes very late or very early. Breakfast was not fancy but was good enough (make your own waffles, bagels, fruit, coffee) and as said by many there are a few restaurants nearby. I got a very good weekly rate on hotel's website. Both the night and day staff were friendly and helpful and the maids would do whatever you wanted (I did not need everyday everything). My room was clean and the bed very comfortable. There was a mix of family travelers and business travelers during my week there with parking available for people with small trailers and rental trucks. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel. As said it is convenient to the highway (noise is from trains and other travelers not the highway) but also to downtown Denton and UNT.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs room if noise overhead would bother you.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tvmovielover50

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on the off season on got a GREAT rate on our room! We got a king sized bed, large room and placed right by the front for $70! The housekeeper didn't speak English and I found it kind of funny she wanted to clean as soon as she could! Breakfast was great! And a great quiet place! If you are looking for 4 star treatment and just a great experience this is the place for you!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Love1214
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel staff was very nice; the pool was clean; the room was nice but they didn't clean them daily as far as the beds and the floor, but I did get clean towels daily. The breakfast was good, Saturday morning was very busy so the clerk allowed a little extra time, which was great!!! It's close to lots of shopping and eating places. The overall stay was good for the price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Excellent Hotel. Room rate is great! Staff are friendly and helpful. Room was clean and cold and very nice. Close to college,food, shopping and movies. Great and easy access to main freeway. Easy on and off. Walk to 24 hour places to eat.. Great 2 room suite that we used in past.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone. We will certainly use it every time we come to Denton!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Amarillo, TX
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The review below mine is negative. I did NOT have that kind of experience. I read the reviews of others and write reviews regularly. On arriving, Rickie was GREAT. He was friendly, respectful and willing to help. I checked in, found that the door was missing weatherstripping and I saw daylight underneath it. He offered to have maintenence fix it, or switch me to another room. I did go to another room and it was nice and cool. Being summer and humid, it is very hot in this area this time of year. The room and bathroom were clean. The beds were very comfortable and once I shut the door to the outside, it was quiet. We really did not hear noise from the street outside, other guests or the pool. When you drive up and around the property it is older and looks can be deceiving. The property appears to be well maintained in spite of its age. The shower head (which another person mentioned was so bad),was to my liking. Most hotels have the water saving heads and they drive me nuts because NO water comes out of the middle of the head. Not so here. The shower was great. The tub had a few scratches and nicks on it, but overall was good! Towels were good quality, not too thick nor too thin. Two improvements I might suggest are that the bathroom needs a vent fan and the front lobby area could use a computer. I don't take my computer on pleasure trips. Another convenience to note, there is a restaurant in front of the main part of the property called Michael's Kitchen. It is open early AM at 6 until 9 or later at night. Breakfast there was very good and the waitress efficient, giving good service. For most hotels in this price range, it is not easy to find beds of this quality, towels that were nice like these and a good strong shower. I come to Denton fairly reguarly and will stay here again. I have stayed in several nicer hotels including the LaQuinta, Fairfield and Comfort Suites at UNT. They were all nicer but for the price I will return here. The room did not have a frig, so be prepared for that if you need to keep drinks cold. I will post pictures of the pool and bathroom later.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side facing the concrete wall are quiet. Also the ones in the corners upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Bad: Upon check in everything appeared fine. Decent for the price, I was tired and immediately showered. Very strange shower...maybe I just didnt get it? Shower head was literally about 7 feed high, right on the edge of the ceiling. Anyway, I flipped back the sheets and there were three black bugs dancing happily across my sheets.
I went DIRECTLY to the office, photos in hand, and the lady simply handed me new keys and told me to switch rooms. No help offered, no offer to go check out the old or new room. This would not have bothered me if the next morning the manager and clerk werent snotty to me asking me to go to the old room and "show them the bugs". Thats why I had photos and also why the night clerk should have come to see for herself.
Room #2, woke up and had bed bug bites. Maybe they were from the hour I spent in the other room, maybe not. Who knows. Room#3. ..broken bathtub, broken tile, blood/mud (?) on the floor and hair. Everywhere. Ew. The kicker? Great TV... But it didnt work. Uhg.
Finally, Rickie the night guy turned out to be awesome, got us a GREAT room, conatced the GM, and make me comfy and cozy. All in all, A+ for service and just check your room before settling in.

• Stayed July 2012