“its like home away from home”

WoodSpring Suites Denton
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed July 10, 2013

best price, clean, secure. Never a worry. I look for "value Place" where ever I travel. Awesome concept. The staff is available 24 hours and its convenient to sights, parks, transportation, malls and a host of grocery stores - which is great - because you can cook any meal - IN YOUR ROOM

Room Tip: no smoking rooms are really no smoking which means no lingering odors
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank kevin o

Reviewed May 21, 2013

The poor reviews obviously come from people that have no appreciation for a great place with a great price. As most know, some people live to complain and would not be happy no matter what the circumstances .

There are very hard working employees at this property, that are faced with a public that expects every demand they ask for to be granted, and that is not possible while giving a great price.

Despite the prior comments, and the fact I have been all over the world, this is exactly as advertised and is a great place!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Lane D
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments! We always appreciate guest feedback. I hope that you will consider us again for any of your lodging needs.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The price is lower than other quality rated hotels because they have so many rooms to lease or rent, and if you stay longer than 30 days in Texas, you won't have to pay the taxes. It is hard to get to when you exit off I-35. I try to stay at Value Place to save money, but I have to clean my own room and do my own laundry because they will only clean your room 1x every other week and you will pay extra for the laundry service. There is a full-size fridge, microwave, and a two burner stove top in every room. The walls are paper thin, so you can hear the people next door making whoopee or hear the elephants(heavy/loud walkers) walking above you. You also have to pay a deposit when you check in and if you want it back, you have to be sure everything is clean when you leave. You also have to give them notice(a couple of days) before you leave or you will get penalized (financially). The staff there is rather lazy, as the other reports have said. I also bring my own mattress topper cause the beds are as hard as boards.

Room Tip: Bring your own mattress topper, cause the beds are like sleeping on a board. Try to book the first f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Ilovetogoawandering
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Value Place is a bit different from other hotels. At Value Place you only pay for what you will use. This is how we are able to keep our rates so low. I hope that you will consider Value Place again if you ever find yourself in need of a clean and safe place to stay.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. I wish the internet was wireless. The staff was awesome! I had a litle bit of a hard time getting to the hotel but that was my problem not their.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cindy r

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Many of our locations are upgrading to wireless internet throughout the rest of the year. I hope that you will consider Value Place again in your travels.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The staff is extremely lazy and rude! I paid extra for laundry service, but every time I asked for clean towels or sheets, the staff rolled their eyes and acted inconvenienced. None of them (except for the manager) had a customer-service attitude.

I stayed for four weeks, and cleaned the room myself. During that time, housecleaning stopped by only once to drop off towels and did not offer to clean anything.

Cindy was spot on with her assessment of the paper-thin walls (creepily so), stinky halls, and slamming doors.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RobinG1982
VPRay175, Area Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the poor experience you had with the staff. We will use your feedback for additional coaching and training. We offer linen exchange that allows for a daily swap of linen as well as Housekeeping service every other week. We pride ourselves on offering the cleanest rooms of any extended stay property and hope you will give us another try next time you are in Denton.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

BED BUGS, OVER PRICED FOR QUALITY, RUDE EMPLOYEES. . . . The most awful place away from home. Save yourself sometime and head down the road a little bit and stay comfortably somewheres else

ENOUGH SAID

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Tank S
Heather L, Property Management Company at WoodSpring Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Unfortunately bed bugs are a growing national problem. We do everything within our control to make sure that any bed bug incidents are isolated right away and are not spread to the rest of the hotel. We have one of the most vigorous response plans to eradicate these pests as soon as they are found. We take these complaints very seriously.

Value Place Property Management

Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in October. It was clean, safe and comfortable. It's no frills but met all my needs. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was kept very clean and tidy.
It was just off I-35 and within walking distance to a number or casual restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We appreciate you staying with us! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Value Place prides it self on being safe and clean. Again, thank you for lodging with us. We wish you well in your future travels and if you're ever in need of an extended stay, we hope you'll choose Value Place!