“nice place for long term stay”

WoodSpring Suites Denton
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Cincinnati
“nice place for long term stay”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in October. It was clean, safe and comfortable. It's no frills but met all my needs. The staff was friendly and helpful and the place was kept very clean and tidy.
It was just off I-35 and within walking distance to a number or casual restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Denton, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
We appreciate you staying with us! No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Value Place prides it self on being safe and clean. Again, thank you for lodging with us. We wish you well in your future travels and if you're ever in need of an extended stay, we hope you'll choose Value Place!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Denton, TX
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I have stayed in several other 'extended stay' hotels in the past for both business and pleasure, and thought I knew what to expect. Knowing I would arrive in Denton late at night, I called ahead to make sure there would be a room and someone to greet me. I was assured there would be someone here. When I entered the building at midnight, I saw a phone on the wall with instructions to pick it up and dial a number for help. The line was answered by a young man who tried his best to get me to go away since I did not have a 'reservation'. He begrudgingly agreed to come down to the front to check me in. He gave me no introduction to the place except to hand me one of their brochures, yet he did a great job getting all my deposits and rent money. I am happy to report he is no longer with this location. There are so many things I'd like to say about this place. In order to help you make a decision about possibly staying here I will tell you this: the walls are paper thin, and you will hear EVERYTHING going on in your neighbor's room, no matter how loud you put the volume on your TV. The doors slam (like prison cell doors, hence the title) and shake the walls when they close, unless you guide them gently, which nobody does. You will get used to the slamming in the middle of the night, and may be able to sleep through it. People come in your room under the guise of cleaning it, but unlike an apartment they leave no note letting you know they were there. You will just know by the difference in your light switch settings. The manager is nice enough, and assured me he would put a stop to it, since I clean my own room, but someone was in my room again this week. As a single woman, I found this too creepy. The place stinks. Literally. The halls abound with stale cooking smells, and my air conditioner emits a horrible stale odor despite them being professionally cleaned in October. I try to keep my window cracked to let in fresh air, and I keep a can of Febreeze handy. The bed in my room is so hard it belongs in a mortuary, and after investing in 2 memory foam toppers, I can finally say the numbness is going away in my arms. The tub/shower combo has a nice arched curtain rod, but mine was sagging. I could tell it had been re-positioned several times already, so I put in a request to have it fixed before it fell on my head. Each week the sag got a little lower. Each week when I paid my rent, I put in a new request to have it fixed. The lady at the front always thought my shower head was dripping. Shower rod drooping, hmmm, that's close. Finally, the third week, the manager was close by as I was putting in my weekly request, and he and a maintenance man promptly came down and fixed it. He did apologize, saying he thought it had already been taken care of.
The Prison is under lock down at all times, so be sure you have your entry key with you every time you leave. And do not let it come close to your car keys or it will demagnetize.
If you want internet service you will pay $10 a week for it. It is pathetically slow, but when I asked about it, a very knowledgeable gentleman (on staff) let me know how bad it used to be, and how much better it is now, and that $40/month is a great deal when you consider how much THEY have to pay for it. Which brings me to the issue that gets us all. Money. I have been in the exact same room with the exact same services for 8 weeks now.The first 5 weeks I paid the exact same amount. (Once you pass the one month mark, you no longer have to pay hotel tax.) Since that time, I have only paid the same amount twice. I've been told different reasons for the changing amount: I have a credit on my account, (unexplainable) and then 2 weeks ago the internet was down almost all week, so we were given a 'free' week once it came back up. Today, I was asked for $11 more than I have been paying. When I questioned it, I was told it was for linen service.(?) I have my own towels and do my own laundry, including the sheets originally on the bed! Then I was told it was because I had not been charged for my internet for several weeks....and the more I questioned the different amount, the more I was told she did not understand what I did not understand. I finally just paid it and shut up. I don't usually write reviews, but I want to save as many people as I possibly can from spending their hard earned money here. There are other places around that do not nickle and dime you to death, and are much more quiet. I know with this economy, these types of places are doing a lot of business. This place may seem like a great deal, but it isn't. I hope there is no issue getting my deposit back. Heaven knows my room will be left in better condition than I found it. Concerned about the other reviewer whose charge card got charged for a week's rent after they moved out, since they always ask for it and swipe it. Be warned folks. Be wise and be safe!

Room Tip: Top floor would be best since ceilings are not insulated well and anyone walking above your room sou...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank CIndy F
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at Value Place in Denton from July 22, 2011 – August 12, 2011. Received my $100.00 Deposit on August 15, 2011, On September 9, 2011 Value Place of Denton change my credit card a fee of $233.57 for the week of August 12, 2011. Now this was a little confusing to me because this is a prepaid hotel and you must pay before you stay. I checkout on August 12, 2011 and received my Deposit of $100.00 on August 15, 2011. However this hotel is still trying to change me for August 12, 2011????

Not sure why they still have my check card information still on file. Since the change happen September 09, 2011 (CHECK CRD PURCHASE 08/12 VALUE PLACE DENTON TX) in the amount of $233.57. I called on September 9, 2011 and nobody knows why or can correct the problem.

On September 11, 2011 I call my bank received an inquiry regarding your Wells Fargo account. My bank takes this claim seriously and has begun an investigation.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Carolyn S
Denton, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel is generally clean and free of issues, but sadly despite how hospitable the staff has been, the site managers attitude has continually ruined my image of the company. Constantly trying to wrangle late fees as well as other fees (unknown what for) out of guests. My first week, I checked in late sunday evening and was told I could pay every Monday, the following Monday afternoon he shows up at my door with his 'thug' trying to evict me. Since I have always paid on Monday evening when arrive from work, the last time I was informed I owed late fees for paying at this time. Despite what his employees had told me prior, I was forced to pay. I have 10 years of retail management experience and was appalled to find someone in charge with such a grotesque lack of customer relation skills. His attitude and down-talking to guests is pathetic.

Room Tip: Get a room somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Ur2noz83
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2011

My colleagues and I were in the Denton area on extended business. Upon waking up this morning I discovered approximately 20 bites (total) on both legs. After speaking with a friend, I was advised to look online and see if the bites resembled bed bug bites. And they did.

So when I returned to the motel that morning, I spoke with the person in the office and asked that the room be checked just in case. I had to leave again, but upon my return my coworkers and I were advised that we were being kicked out of the motel!! With them insinuating that I brought them in! Really?

We don't have them at home because my wife saw something on the news and took precautions over a year ago to prevent them (mattress bags, etc). And this is my first sales job that has ever taken me out of town. I hate to say it, but they did not piggy back in on me or my belongings.

So I gather, that since the sheets were FINALLY changed after a week that maybe your staff transferred them in with blankets, linens, etc?

I will tell you that our corporate office booked and paid for this place before we even rolled into town. Had we been made aware in the beginning that their idea of a bed is a plywood type platform with a 4 in. mattress, we would have ran the other way. We should have realized something when the motel across the street was semi full and this place looked like a ghost town (and remained as such during our stay). Maybe it was because of the flat pillows, an AC unit with an attitude and a room that really stunk.

At least when you go tent-camping and are on the ground, you expect the hardness and all the critters. Not when you are PAYING an establishment basically for modern comfort and facilities!

BEWARE!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Steer clear of here ........BED BUGS!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Bull2172
Denton, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2010

It is fairly clean and new in at first glance, I guess roaches are to be expected occasionally,
I only saw 3 or 4 every week. Management was very unaccomadating making me wait 3 weeks to have room cleaned and linen changed after due to my misunderstanding missing
the scheduled cleaning day. If by chance you've made the mistake of paying for a week up front and encounter poor services or roaches and wish to leave early you will not be reembursed for any days remaining during the week. Be prepared to buy toliet paper take your trash to the dumpster, and heaven forbid don't go barefoot or according to the contract you will be evicted. No wireless so bring an ethernet cable and be ready to be nickled and dimed internet service is $10 a day. Overall I would say that this is the least customer friendly or accomidating hotel I have ever stayed in and it can not come close to measuring up to anyones expectations.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank burned25
Waco
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Not only was it the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in, the staff went the extra step to enssure we where takin care of! When we arrived to Denton, we checked out several of the hotels along 35E and 35N. Every hotel we went in we were snubbed by the staff and they had extremly dirty rooms (the two that took us on tour ONLY after begging to see their rooms). We ended up seeing the Value Place thinking it would be another run down low budget super 8 or something... Guess again!! From the minute we walked in we were greeted by the manager who then took us on a tour of the property, he even went as far to tell us the history behind the franchise. We knew the minute we went in the first room we would be staying there!!! Highlly recommend the Value Place for anyone coming to Denton!! A+++

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler123Waco
We appreciate you staying with us and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Value Place prides itself on being clean and safe. At Value Place, you can expect courteous treatment from professionals who are committed to maintaining guest privacy and peace of mind. Wish we nothing but the best in your future travels, come back and visit!