“Tex-mex food”

Ranked #54 of 380 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Mexican
“Tex-mex food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

It's ok, nothing to rave about. Chile con queso was bland. They used taco shells for the tacos (a no no in authentic Mexican food). They don't serve regular Margaitas only a limearita which was frozen (tasted like beer). The waitress was very nice and attentive. The restaurant appeared clean and typical Mexican decorated. Our bill was $50 for 3 (seemed overpriced since we can eat at Taco Cabana for much less.)

• Visited July 2013

“Excellent!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

My family just ate a delicious meal at Mi Ranchito...we loved it! The salsa was tasty and spicy, and the complementary small bowl (1/4 cup) of beans was delicious ( I could have made a meal on them alone). I ordered the #1 and was not disappointed...they readily accommodated my request to substitute a chicken enchilada for the cheese enchalida. When I go back I will order a chicken enchilada and a tamale...that would be enough for me. In fact, the chicken enchiladas are delicious and I might just get a plate of them. Also, the servers were very friendly and attentive. A true family owned business.

Visited July 2013
Denton, Texas
“great”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Food and service are excellent!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone. One of our favorite places to go

Visited May 2013
Lanaken, Belgium
“Don't let the external look scare you away!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

It's a very nice small restaurant in Denton, the staff is nice and attentive, the food is very good and it has very good prices as well.
Beef fajitas are very nice, Carne asada (steak) is huge and good. Absolutely recommended.
It should only look a bit better, and the only reason I don't give 5 to this place is that I've been to a mexican restaurant in New Orleans, where the fajitas were even better.

• Visited April 2013
Denton, Texas
“Good food, downscale Tex-Mex”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place comes straight at you with solid and tasty Tex-Mex food. The only frill in this little pay-at-the-register joint is the tiny complementary serving of borracho beans. The tacos and enchiladas are very good. They offer several bottled Mexican beers (and sodas) in addition to domestic brands. The salsa is spicy. Service is unsophisticated but attentive. It is usually busy, even on week nights and is often packed. We come back regularly, and I know people who think it's the best Mexican food in town.

• Visited February 2013