“Good tex-mex!”

El Matador Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 376 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denton, Texas
“Good tex-mex!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

Good tex-mex and great service! The food comes out of the kitchen soooo fast! You will not have to wait long for your meal...ever. My family and I have been here more times than I count over the years and it is definitely worth a try if you haven't been. I love the chips, salsa (which is very HOT), queso, and the fajitas! My husband gets the chicken fajita quesadillas and says nowhere else compares to El Matador's quesadillas. The enchiladas are pretty good too. It's a great place to go with kids.

• Visited May 2014

Argyle, Texas
“Service Good- Food - not so good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Actually, the worst mexican food I have ever eaten. Ordered tamales-they were dry, rubbery and unfit for human consumption. When the waiter brought them out I was dumb founded as they looked like dog treats. Had I not been so disgusted I would have complained and refused to pay - I left and will not return. Other family members seemed to like what they had ordered but was not impressed. Born and raised Texan and I know my Tex-Mex - and this is not it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank txfrekles
TEXAS
“Winning Reillio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I am very particular when it comes to finding a Chile Relleno worth writing about. Finally, I found a mouth watering Poblano Pepper stuffed with chicken, Mexican chorizo, cheese and onions, topped with a green tomatillo sauce. It was served with a beefy crunchy taco and refried beans and rice. I ate every single bite! The chorizo added a nice Mexican zip to the stuffed pepper. The Poblano pepper was tender, not friend, and very plump. My friend had a lovely taco salad.
We liked the basket of chips and both agreed that the salsa had a little kick to it.
El Matador is in a strip mall and looks a little "shady" from the outside, but once you step inside, you will think you are in Mexico. I look forward to returning to El Matador in the near future. This would be a great place to stop if you are on your way to the Winstar Casino in Oklahoma, as it is just minutes off the interstate.

• Visited April 2014
Tacoma
“Excellent!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Food was great, service was over the top! We went with 11 people at lunch time (no reservations) and the waiter didn't mess up or forget a thing.

“Just yuck”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Food is bland and everything taste the same. Can't tell the difference between the flavors in the enchiladas, tacos, tamales,etc.

The wait staff was a little rude as well. Will not return!