“Breakfast standard”

Cuisines: American
Lewisville, TX
“Breakfast standard”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great breakfast choices but does anybody really know what 'sawmill gravy' is? Service is usually good as is the preparation.

I had a complaint once and the manager gave me two 'free meal' cards. When I tried to use them I was told they were empty; was that a cheap way to diffuse a problem or just bad management, I don't know. So props for the food, service and, if you are into it, shopping. Thumbs down on some managers. I've eaten the dinner entrees while traveling, it's a better choice than a burger place.

Don't go on a Saturday after 9:00 and expect to get seated right away. It gets crowded!

Visited January 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great for breakfast”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

They have good variety of meals for breakast and little cute store in front of the restaurant. Waiting was longer thant we wanted, but when we finally were seated the food was good. Service could have been better, and I would like more variety of hot teas. We still enjoyed it.

Visited November 2012
McKinney, Texas
“We always stop when on the road”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We have stopped for lunch or breakfast at several Cracker Barrels when we travel. Or GPS has them programed in. The menue is always good and reasonable priced. We don't like to eat heavy and their menue alows a selection to eat heavy or light. Food and service is always good.
Their vegi plate is good, with beans, turnip greens (cooked with ham), and fried okra with corn bread. Don't let your wife loose in the gift shop. Food is reasonably price.

• Visited November 2012
Aubrey, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy Breakfast.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I love the atmosphere and the little shop on the inside. The food is affordable and known for their Southern roots.

Visited March 2012
Ogden, Utah
“Better than the one I live near.”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

A true statement. I was impressed by this place. My wife ordered the Chicken and Dumplings platter. It was cold and the manager personally brought out the replacement. It was that, too. Not the same plate just zapped in the microwave. Good deal.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!