“Pretty Darn Good”

Ranked #259 of 382 Restaurants in Denton
Denton, TX
“Pretty Darn Good”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

i admit to being a creature of habit and without exception every time I've visited PW I've had the Orange Peel Chicken. The composition of the meal is somewhat variable in that sometimes it comes with a generous helping of broccoli and other times none. The same with the pea pods. Maybe this is a function of what is available from the supplier. In any case, I've always been very happy. Of late they have removed the hot mustard jars from the condiment area. Instead the waitstaff will provide little squeeze packets of the mustard. Gets the job done but seems a bit industrial. Just being picky, I know. Wife gets the Kung Pao chicken and reports that it's good. PW is on our normal dinner rotation. Recommended.

• Visited July 2014

Denton
“Too salty”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hubby and I ate at Pei Wei several years ago and it was terrible . . . and they would not make mine hot/spicy. This past weekend, we decided to give them another try. My friends had just eaten there and were raving about it.

We go . . . I ordered Kung Pow Chicken and hubby ordered Sweet and Sour Chicken. I asked them to please make mine extra, extra, extra hot. Food comes, mine is not hot. It is very difficult for me to get the cooks to believe I really want it hot. I'm probably the only person around that takes my own chilis to Thailand! OK, so it was not hot . . . I got over it. However, I could not get over that both of our dishes were so salty we could not eat them. When I mentioned this to my friends, they both agreed about the salt and said, "oh, we forgot to tell you to ask them to hold the salt." We should not have to ask them.

The place looked good, smelled good, just the food was not good.

• Visited May 2014