“Great Place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Houston, Texas
“Great Place to stay”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip and couldn't ask for Better. Rooms was very clean and staff were great particularly Linda in the bar. I will stay here again when I am next in Denton. The cost of rooms were also not over expensive.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Paul G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2012

First, you're far enough away from I35 you can't hear any traffic!! Unlike some newer hotels this one was put together right with quality materials creating very nice suites. Staff here was very professional and check in went smoothly. Plenty of parking, and it seemed very safe here. Bar/Restaurant area again was very professionally put together. The food was also good but you are also within walking distance of Carinos if you like Italian food.

But what I liked the most from this experience is my sleep. As mentioned it was quiet, the room was well put together so I couldn't really hear anyone around me or above me. The bed was comfortable and overall you simply have to pay much more money typically for this type of quality stay. Don't overlook this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MStover
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed for one night in July. The room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. There are dining options nearby as well as in the hotel. The indoor pool looked inviting, but we had been traveling all day and did not use it, We did have a few issues in the morning, coffee was out around 6:30, but no cream or covers for a to go cup. Also our television only received local channels, all other channel stated "you are not authorized". I called the front desk and was informed she did not have a television. OK, I think she missed the point.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MEGDAVE
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I was traveling with a teenager and a senior citizen on this trip, as we stopped for a night to tour the University of North Texas. We had a small suite with two beds, two televisions & a fold out couch. The couch had a decent mattress & was pre-made when we folded it out. There was a heavy door between the two beds & the couch & the other television so that we really could watch two television shows at the same time. My son enjoyed the free wi-fi & his own television, and my mom enjoyed the comfortable room & wide variety of television channels available. There was a good refrigerator & a microwave in the room, which was wonderful to store extra drinks for our cooler. The pool was a bit of a disappointment to my son, as it was no deeper than 4 feet at any point, so a six-foot teen couldn't even tread water. Would have been great when he was younger. The breakfast was included since I was a Priority Club member, and it was tasty. It was a buffet with made to order eggs, which was just what we needed before we left for the tour. Since check-out wasn't until 12, we were able to take the tour & come back to the room to freshen up before we left town, which was wonderful since it was already in the upper 90s. The staff at the location was wonderful. We even saw them cleaning super-tall air-vents in the ceiling, which more places should do more often!

Room Tip: When traveling with kids, the extra money for the two-tv suite is really worthwhile.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wcbandmom
Colorado
Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

Quiet location yet close to everything. Great value. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was fine. Only complaint was the breakfast menu had eggs Benedict on the menu yet I was not able to get Egss Benedict any of the four mornings we stayed at the Holiday Inn as the kitchen didn't have hollandaise sauce any day. It would have been an easy fix.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Tiz56
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Best holiday inn I have ever stayed at. Friendly staff and beautiful property. Will Stay here anytime I visit Denton.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Kbarker10
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I had a very pleasant stay at this property. I was greeted very warmly by the staff and my room accomodations allowed me to conduct the business I came to Dalton for. Thank you again to the staff for such wonderful service.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business