“Almost Excellent - We'd Stay Again”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Tacoma
“Almost Excellent - We'd Stay Again”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed for eight nights. The front desk folks were wonderful, attentive and ready to help. The pool and gym were clean. The breakfast is yummy, but see below about the coffee.

We have two complaints for this hotel. 1) the water temp is too high. If we had children, we would worry they might be scalded very easily. That's a serious safety problem. 2) the mildew smell in the elevator is awful! This is a first impression area. When we got in the first time, we said, "If the hall or room smells like this, we're checking out." Thankfully, the hall and room were good. Please have that carpet replaced.

The only other complaint is for the Marriott chain of hotels. No matter how fresh, the in-room & lobby coffee is TERRIBLE. We go to the nearest gas station for our morning coffee. Please find another vendor. We recommend Tully's or Seattle's Best. If we stay at a Marriott again, we'll bring some Starbucks instant.

• Stayed February 2014
leslie a, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for providing us with this feedback. I have addressed the hot water issue and we have lowered the tempreture on our boilers for our guest safety. I am also working on the elevator to eliminate the smell. Again thank you for the feedback.

Leslie Albrecht

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed during an ice storm that literally shut down the city of Denton and I-35. The guest service was amazing! Management stayed at the hotel and worked along side every department to keep the breakfast going, the rooms cleaned and guests comfortable. The hotel is beginning renovation (yes, it's needed) but it was clean and comfortable. Every employee acknowledged us and all were friendly and helpful. The internet had no connection issues, despite the ice storm. The breakfast area is roomy and having a bar to plug in phones and laptops was a plus! The pool and hot tub looked inviting but there wasn't enough time to enjoy either. There's plenty of shopping and decent restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler or family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Venice, Florida
Reviewed December 23, 2013

There are various plans for all Marriott hotels... In my opinion this Fairfield Inn is a miserable place to stay. Someday hotel chains might want to take into consideration the construction design and materials. This particular hotel maintains a 74 degree winter temperature in the rooms will absolutely dry you out. If you turn on the air conditioning in the winter the compressor will freeze because of the outside air temperature then you have what sounds like an aircraft propeller test area.

The floors about the room the walls between carry more noise than any place I have ever stayed. There is nothing worse than having someone above you walking back and forth at 2 AM, the sound of an airplane at your window and kids banging on the wall next to you.

Find another place to stay! I say that and I am a Marriott Rewards Member!

Last time I stayed it was the ice machine across the hall that kept me awake.

The walls and floors allow too much noise to pass!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rick N
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff was courteous. However, I had booked and prepaid for my room on Priceline, as I am a single mom traveling on a budget. Unfortunately, this hotel charged my bank card for my room despite the fact that it was prepaid. Sadly, this happened to be the last $140 in my account. I was left without money for food or to travel home to my daughter. I am stuck here in Denton until my refund is credited to my card. I am told this will not happen until late next week. I had budgeted carefully for my trip and this should not have happened to me. This has been a horrible experience that has left me in a desperate situation. Will never use Priceline or this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessumom
leslie a, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I do apologize for the inconveniences this has caused you. I would like to get this taken care of and make sure we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please give me a call at 940-384-1700 and ask for Leslie Albrecht.
Amarillo,Texas, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Nice friendly staff. good breakfast, loved the extra room.
We have no kids with us so I can not rate that part, Also did not use room service. We asked for extra towels and they were pleasant about it. Ant time I see more than 3 pillows on the bed I know it will be a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lexington,Kentucky
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Most Fairfields are cut from the same mold.....Clean, not too expensive, good staff, good beds and this one is no different. Would definitely recommend. Plus would be that within walking distance is a Sams Club, Cracker Barrel and McDonalds.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, NE
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our son is a student at UNT and we first stayed here when he was auditioning for admission to the music program. We came back when we moved him in as a freshman and will be back again. The hotel is clean, well-run, and the staff is friendly and professional. There are only two things to be aware of. FIrst, due to its location, getting in and out of the parking lot can be a bit of a challenge. Second, the complimentary breakfast is mediocre, at best. Those aren't dealbreakers for us, but if those are important to you, then you've been warned.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family