“Happiest service personnel we've ever seen - Christian raised the bar!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Ft. Worth, TX
“Happiest service personnel we've ever seen - Christian raised the bar!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed at two Fairfield Inns the week we traveled and both met or exceeded expectations. With the cleanliness, room appointments, and amenities (fridge, microwave, hi-speed internet, TV, coffee maker) varying little from Fairfield to Fairfield (an accomplishment in and of itself!), the only other variable to truly distinguish one Inn from another is their personnel. When we arrived at the Denton TX Fairfield Inn at 9:30 pm, Christian greeted us with a smile, some friendly banter, and some of the quickest service I have ever seen anywhere! I had reserved the room earlier by iPhone, and asked Christian if I had received all applicable discounts. Sure enough, he found one to save us $5. He was proud of his hotel and treated us like we were long-lost relatives. We like that kind of service and we enjoy that kind of interaction.
In the foyer were bowls of apples and bananas and a jar of fruit-infused water. Around the corner near the elevator was a table set with hot coffee. Christian let us know that if we wanted to use the pool or exercise room, he would see to it that it remained open for us. And of course, the business center -- two computers -- was available to us. One man was using one of the computers while we were there and had trouble logging on. Christian hustled (he didn't exactly run, but he was moving fast) to his side to help him through the process. And he did it all with a smile.
The next morning, we were greeted the same way by friendly, helpful personnel. The breakfast manager was helpful, the manager on duty was interested in knowing how our stay was, and everyone just seemed to be happy to be there. What a nice way to start and end your day!

Room Tip: Ask at check-in for all availabe discounts, even if you think you have already applied online
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Amarillo, TX
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I am sorry to have to write this. I write several reviews for Trip Advisor because I meet my boyfriend a lot and we stay and eat different places. We have stayed here many times before. The first time, I left an item behind accidentally. The general manager wanted to make up for that and keep my business. She offered me a very good rate to come back in the future. Any type of room I would like. She even left the company and the staff still honored that rate. However, I had booked a room for this coming weekend. I did not realize that they had not given me this rate and there is a new general manager in place. She did not care to honor the previous agreement or keep my business. I booked a room with another hotel and will review it after August 14th. I am disappointed in the Fairfield in Denton and the Marriott cororation in general because of this experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irish4love
McAlester, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2011

This is where I stay twice a year when it's race time at Texas Motor Speedway. Good location and nice rooms.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank RadioBob
MN
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed at this hotel with my two children (2&5) for four nights and had a great time staying here while visiting family. The hotel appears to be very new and clean. The beds were very comfortable. My father checked in just prior to us and they were able to put us on the same floor very close to each other. We hadn't made prior arrangements. Good selection for breakfast that appealed to everyone in our party. The pool was small but was adequate for our needs. I also used the washer and dryer which was free. All you need is your own washing soap etc. Made travel with two little kids a lot easier.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Shaynamk
Reviewed May 11, 2011

This hotel is clean and neat. Priced reasonable. Would be a wonderful hotel for families to stay on!!

• Stayed May 2011
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We had 2 kids so we got the room with a king bed and a roll out couch. The room was great and comfortable. The price was great! The only problem was all of the rooms were mixed with smoking rooms. Therefore, we could smell smoke in our room and it was very bad in the hallways. I won't stay at these motels again because of the smoke.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank germfreak123
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2011

The cleanliness and quietness is important but the staff really make the hotel. They are very personable and do their best to make you comfortable.

There is new exercise equipment and updating of other items is always ongoing.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business