“Great Burgers!”
Review of LSA Burger Co

LSA Burger Co
Ranked #2 of 383 Restaurants in Denton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The first gourmet burger joint in Texas to honor our state’s musical legends and trailblazers. Also, downtown Denton's FIRST rooftop patio/bar! LSA stands for Lone Star Attitude®, which is more than just a motto coined by Texas singer-songwriter, Jon Christopher Davis… it’s a way of life! There’s an old saying round here, and it goes like this: "God made Texas on his day off, for pure entertainment, just to prove that all that diversity could be crammed into one section of earth by a really top hand." At LSA Burger Co., we LOVE everything about Texas, especially our burgers, beer and music! They're as big and varied as the state itself, but one thing ties 'em all together - Lone Star Attitude, and that’s what we’re here to celebrate! You see, a lot of folks don’t realize that Texas has produced some of the biggest stars in the history of recorded music. LSA Burger Co. is the first gourmet burger joint in Texas to honor our state’s musical legends and trailblazers - people who put the ‘tude in ATTITUDE. While your taste buds take a tongue-twisting tour, let your eyes and ears soak up our state's rich, musical culture.
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have been to LSA twice now, once at lunch and once at dinner. In the lunch experience I sat at the bar and the bartenders were prompt, courteous, and attentive, always remembering and using your name. The burgers were juicy and flavorful and require lots of napkins as they are a bit messy! The fries are exceptional, fresh cut and seasoned wonderfully.
Dinner food was much the same- excellent. My only criticism of the place at night is that the music is so incredibly loud that you cannot carry on a conversation even at a table for two....no wonder the young people around us were on their cellphones all during the meal! The location sports a very interesting huge mural of the "Texas Last Supper" with musical Texans such as Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison as the "apostles."

There are newer reviews for LSA Burger Co

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The view of the Courthouse on the roof is so cool at night and also in the day time. Do think about the Sun as the location of that can absolutely make it miserable. Very popular place will be a 30min wait most of the time but they txt you on your phone so you can walk the square.
The food is good, great cole slaw and veggie burger for those of you that want to eat healthy. Sort of a place to go because it is different for Denton Square and one needs to have said they have been there.LOL I have been there 3 times to the roof in the last month always taking different friends to show the place off so what more can I say.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time visiting lsa and it was the best visit. I really enjoyed sitting on the patio and being able to see the whole square. The service was great! I really enjoyed the " not burger " Janis. It's a Crab Cake (made with REAL crab), Tomatoes,Arugula, Pickled Reds, and House Dressing. Totally filled my crab cake needs. The fries are really good too. This is hands down my spot to go for a reasonably priced burger, or not burger, in denton.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

First the good things. Good location and a nice upstairs patio bar, and that's where it stops. The drinks had to be the worst pours I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure to imbibe. The hamburgers came out way overcooked and extremely dry - in other words AWFUL. The garlic fries - well, if the chef had put garlic on the fries he must have stood a mile away. In other words _AWFUL.. Will never return, the golden arches are 100% better..

2  Thank marlew76205
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Second visit to this burger joint. First, the good: the drinks were really good. Our party of 7 had regular margaritas, swirl margaritas and sangria. All good and the swirl was great. Tasty appetizer of brisket nachos. The burgers were good, slightly over cooked and we weren't asked how we wanted the meat cooked. Garlic fries were really good.

Now the bad: the waiter we had must of been having a bad night, because the service was bad and came with an attitude. For Pete's sake, train these people in customer service. We were a table of 7 with a 130 dollar bill. Think it would be worthwhile to cheerfully provide service? When I waited tables, this type of table was the mother load. At first I thought we were the victim of the large group, minimum tip scenerio. Which I hate, because the servers will sometimes ignore these tables because they know they have an auto tip. No, the ticket didn't include an auto tip.

Also, lots of young servers kind of standing around not doing anything or helping other servers.

LSA has a good theme, the potential for good food (everybody does not want well done burgers guys), but needs some attitude work on some of its servers. Our first visit went well with decent service. The second visit really needed improvement on the service side.