“Best Asian food in Denton”
Review of Mr. Chopsticks

Ranked #54 of 379 Restaurants in Denton
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Waco, Texas
“Best Asian food in Denton”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Have eaten here several times. Never disappointed. Funky Denton-vibe atmosphere. Good selection of beer and vegetarian choices.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank NOLAgal2011

Dallas, TX
“Denton's Best Asian Food Restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Since moving to its new location on Scripture, Mr. Chopsticks has continued to expand both its menu and its facilities. The latest expansion has included a waiting area and a sushi bar.
Our latest visit included steamed spring rolls, egg rolls and stir fried tofu.
The portions are large; you may need a to-go box afterward. The server was excellent.

The one negative continues to be the lack of parking to handle all of the visitors. You may have to park a block away during peak mealtimes, but the walk will be worth it.

• Visited July 2011
Texas
“Cheap and good”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

You can't beat Chopsticks for good food at a low price. They have a good variety on their menu, as well.

1 Thank sb0247
Austin, Texas
“One of our Favorites!”
Reviewed January 16, 2010

My husband and I love Mr. Chopsticks! We live in Denton, and it is definitely our go-to restaurant when we want to eat out on a budget! I wouldn't say its anything to drive hours into town for, but as locals, we LOVE it! The service can be hit or miss, depending on your server, and the atmosphere isn't "asian" whatsoever, but the food is AMAZING! We always get the lettuce wraps (me) & chicken pad thai (husband), but you can't go wrong with much!

1 Thank meresauter
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty tasty - well worth patronizing”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

I grew up in Asia, and although I don't find everything at Mr. Chopsticks "authentically" Asian, I do like their selection of dishes, the amount of food given and the price of their food. It is good value for the money. From a plate of pad thai noodles to edamame and sushi and several things in between, I have, with one exception, enjoyed all of the food I have had there. That one exception was the roast pork and rice. The roast pork (Chinese char siu) was not anywhere near fresh. I would certainly ask whether the roast pork was fresh before choosing any dish that contained it. One other thing that disappointed was the fried potstickers. I expected them to be pan fried as is the normal way of doing them--and which gives them added texture and flavor. These were, instead, deep fried. I wouldn't order them again. I don't want to leave the impression that this is not a good place to eat. It is. You just have to be prepared. (you can check out their menu on their website) It is a little disorganized at times (I had a hard time getting napkins and my sushi ended up taking a long time when they gave it to someone else) and somewhat noisy, but it is a fun place to go, has good good food to eat and decent prices.

1 Thank WriteSource