“Healthy, fresh off the farm deliciousness”

Hannah's off the Square
Reserve with OpenTable
Hannah's off the Square is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 383 Restaurants in Denton
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Locust
Transit: DCTA stops directly in front of Hannah's Off the Square.
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is our second visit to Hannah's and I wondered if it could possibly compare to last year's amazing meal. No worries, it is every bit as wonderful. Our server had a good knowledge of their gluten-free options and brought us the gluten-free menu. We chose to share the smoked salmon appetizer and the Caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes. Our main course was the fish special in a brown butter reduction. All were delightful. However, our favorite moment of the evening was the Panna cotta with a balsamic reduction and fresh fruit. Delectable. We split it and still couldn't finish the creamy richness. Our only negative of the evening was an awful smell when we first walked in the door, maybe some sort of cleaning product, but we could not smell it in the main dining room, so don't be alarmed by it. Hannah's has always been pricey and this year is no exception. Our total was $113 for the two of us. However, we made a memory that will keep us until our next visit to the area, when we will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I haven't lived in Denton for long time, but enjoy getting home to see family and friends. I have eaten at Hannah's twice, both times were good. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere in a conformable setting. I believe the building is an old warehouse from the heyday of business on the square. Parking is difficult downtown, but Hannah's has a large parking lot adjacent to the building that make parking a breeze. On my most recent trip I had the tenderloin and I have to say it was in the top three for best steaks I have ever had (and I have traveled a lot).

2  Thank eatyourwayhome
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Saw this place first on OpenTable, and then on a recommended list at our hotel. We are so glad we went. It is located about a block off the Courthouse square in Denton (hence the name). It is a lovely place, with a bar, a formal dining room, and a pretty outdoor courtyard in the back, which is where we ate.
They have a wide array of apps, salads and entrees, with items such as duck, salmon, veggie and vegan dishes, pasta, risotto, chops and steaks. We had a beef stock soup with kale and veggies, topped with an edamame-stuffed pot sticker. Delicious. Also an appetizer of mushrooms stuffed with boar sausage and lightly fried in a panko coating, served with pea shoots and a tasty sauce. We split an entree of veggie croquettes, fashioned from cauliflower, broccolini, and potatoes, covered with a mix of pick de gallo, capers, and a feta cheese spread. Simply wonderful.
They have a great wine list (the Stellenbosch is my recommendation)--but wines are pricey (the cheapest is $12), although pours are generous. Contrariwise, bourbons are very fairly priced.
Service is excellent. If you are lucky, you may get our server, Trudy.
If we are ever back this way, a return will be a must.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Really enjoyed a business lunch with a group at Hannah's in Denton. The entire meal was outstanding and exceeded only by the wait staff. I especially enjoyed their reduce basalmic dressing. Looking forward to another occasion for a visit and meal.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Our server Ben was fabulous...wish the food would have met him half way. I had the Waygu Ribeye - extremely fatty, tough, tasteless and my roasted carrots were like charcoal. Try other Denton locations until they fix the kitchen. My wife'sFilet was way under seasoned as well. $270+ for a very disappointing dinner. Again, Ben our server was great...saved the evening.

1  Thank GDeiter