“Great food, great service and beautiful surroundings”
Review of The Wildwood Inn

The Wildwood Inn
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed June 12, 2009

My wife and I decided on a more local weekend 'away' after Christmas last year. We live about an hour away. Families had all left and we went to the Wildwood to just relax and enjoy ourselves. As we entered, we noticed how nicely 'furnished' the place seemed, filled with antiques and interesting decorations. Not a whole lot of 'public space' but a very cool library area.

Dinner was in the small but cozy restaurant and we had an amazing meal. (tuna steak for me!) Their chef even came out later (we stayed, finishing a bottle of wine) and said hello, asked us about our meal. Quite unexpected but friendly.

Not sure if all the rooms are as plush as ours since we did have a small balcony overlooking the heavily wooded back and the pool, but it was excellent in my opinion. A huge corner tub, luxurious linens and robes, as well as one of the most comfortable beds I have ever encountered at a hotel. We have been back just for dinner once and for a wedding, all of which seemed as perfect as our stay. We will definitely return and have told many friends about the Wildwood. Highly recommended for a relaxing and romantic visit.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2009

The Wildwood Inn is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I used to stay there regularly (every two weeks) for business. Therefore, I was able to expense it. I always chose to stay here, especially when the rate was comparable to boring chains. However, I have chosen many many times to spend my personal time there, at my own expense. I have driven 2.5 hours many times for a special meal, a date, a romantic weekend, or just to spend a quiet weekend in a lovely atmosphere. The staff have always provided the best service, going the extra mile. My job has provided me stays at very fine hotels all over the country, but I have never enjoyed anywhere as much as the Wildwood Inn. It has all the charm of a bed and breakfast (even though it isn't ) with all the ammenities of a modern hotel. I would highly recommend the Wildwood Inn to any friend or anyone I know. In fact I have recommended it to many people in the area and even those further away. The next time you are in the Dallas area, stay at the Inn!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We got married here and I believe that after the initial tour, we went back 3 times for going over the contract, a tasting and one the week before to go over last minute details. We met with multiple wedding coordinators and all of them were amazing. I swear I sent a hundred or so emails over the year between signing the contract and the day of. They answered all questions I had quickly and because of that, combined with their skills and experience, made our big day go smoothly and I couldn't imagine it being any better. We had about 75 people and to my knowledge, everyone loved the food, setting and staff.

The night before, we had reserved (I think) 8 rooms. I stayed in room 7 (two queen beds) with 3 other girls and it was gorgeous, the bathroom was very nice, the beds were very comfortable and the overall space was good for 4 people + overnight luggage (5 would be a tighter fit but doable). The night after the wedding, my husband and I stayed in room 5. The bed was the most comfortable I had ever been in, it was extremely spacious, the bathroom (2 person, jet tub and separate shower!!!) was perfect (the 3 girls and I also used this room to get ready the morning of so there were a good 6-8 people in the room at all times and it didn't feel cramped at all).

The back area where weddings are held was beautiful. It is right next to a neighborhood but with the trees in the spring/summer, you can't see the roofs. There was plenty of parking for our amount of guests. It was easy for everyone to find off I-35. I really can't think of anything I didn't like about our experience.

Thank you very much to the owners and staff for such a great day/stay!

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed February 6, 2009

Service at the desk and general feeling just a little bit off. Why as a solo business traveler am I made to sign a waiver that I will not scatter real rose petals in my room. I would also be charged $200 for overfilling my tub - had to sign off on that too and my room didn't even have a tub.

Front desk person was okay but a little lost - it might have been his first day.

I would urge business travelers to steer clear - better hotels are listed for Denton. Better breakfasts too.. The Wildwood just offered Continental through the week.

This place is probably great for couples and "girls' getaways."

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
WildwoodDenton, Manager at The Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that your experience was not exceptional.
As an intimate 14-room hotel, we regret that we cannot provide the same business amenities that a large corporate chain is capable of providing. To compensate, we offer more personalized service, more luxury, and beautiful ambiance. We do, in fact, host a large amount of business travelers, many of which are repeat customers who love that we greet them with warm familiarity each time they return.
I understand your consternation at having to sign off on our room policies that include items non-pertinent to you, but unfortunately we must make a general set of rules that covers the many different types of travelers we host...and many of those travelers are staying with us for a romantic evening. As far as breakfast goes, we offer a discounted rate on weekdays since we provide a Continental-style breakfast (instead of the full breakfast we serve on weekends). We have recently updated that breakfast to include more foods, including hot items.
Please visit our website to see a list of business services we offer our corporate travelers.
Thanks again!

Reviewed October 24, 2008

My mother missed the upstairs landing-NO hand rails- and was transported to the hospital for x-rays. She broke her hand but no one from the inn ever connected us then or later. Also, the inn billed my credit card when I arrived but the next day told me it had not went thru(it had) and proceeded to bill another card I had to provide. I had to contact them and am now trying to straighten this out.

• Stayed: October 2008
WildwoodDenton, Manager at The Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2008

We also are terribly disappointed and disheartened to come upon this review. I spoke to you personally several times by phone while resolving our credit card mistake and I apologized profusely. At that time, you and I had a very friendly rapport and you seemed satisfied. If you had given any indication otherwise, I would have tried my best to discover what we could do to make it right.
We are truly sorry about your mother's hand. Where she fell, at the landing for rooms 12 and 13, there are only 3 steps (that is why there is no handrail). Lisa had thought she had made it plain, at the time of your mother's fall, that she was there to provide any assistance she could.
We enjoyed having you and your family here with us. It was a lovely wedding and we truly hope many positive memories were made.

Reviewed April 4, 2008

The WIldwood Inn was an outstanding experience for both dinner and staying at the bed and breakfast. The food for dinner was fabulous! Don't miss the beef tenderloin with blue cheese crust or the curried chicken and apple soup. The beef arrived cooked exactly the way that we had ordered it. Other people at our table raved about the chili-glazed salmon. The creme brulee or triple-chocolate mousse made a fine ending to the meal.
Upon arrival for our stay, the staff was welcoming and helpful. Indoors, we found the library to be beautifully appointed and a good place to read or visit with friends; while outdoors, the pool area was a comfortable place to relax. The breakfasts proved to be very tasty with a hot potato dish on Saturday and French toast and sausage on Sunday, in addition to a nice selection of fruits, breads, and juices. Since there are a limited number of rooms, the feeling of seclusion is captured. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 4, 2008

My fiance and I got engaged at the Wildwood Inn in January of this year. We stayed in Room 6. The evening could not have been more romantic! From the romance package of flowers, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne to the whirlpool tub to the pass through fireplace, everything was perfect. The bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast the next morning was excellent. The staff was so friendly and accommodating! I can't say enough about this bed and breakfast! We had such a wonderful time! The rooms were amazing, the decorations beautiful, and the overall experience was one of the best I've ever had! In fact, if we hadn't already booked our wedding site, I would have definitely considered the Wildwood Inn!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)