“Beautiful wedding venue!”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful wedding venue!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I were married at Wildwood Inn this past November. I can’t say enough about how great everything went from our wedding coordinator Jessica, to the beautiful guest rooms, and wonderful food at our reception. Everything went so smoothly and the staff at Wildwood was awesome. I’m so glad I chose to have my special day here, and I would recommend it to anyone! We can't wait to visit again for our 1 year anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in beautiful room 5, amazing canopy bed, and huge whirlpool tub!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kelsey B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Wildwood Inn and all of it's wonderful staff members, helped us create such a special and perfect day. My husband and I wanted a stress free wedding and it was as stress free as you could get. They helped with everything from finding a florist, a hairdresser, decorations and even a minister. My husband and I are vegan and they were very accommodating and provided delicious vegan food. All of the guest's raved about the food and many didn't realize it was vegan. :) They went above and beyond. We now look back at our wedding day with fond, stress free memories. It was the perfect wedding venue for us!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley N
Denton, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were so fortunate to have our wedding at the Wildwood Inn in Denton, TX in December 2012. We rented the entire inn (all 14 rooms) the night before our event for our families to stay at, and we had our wedding the following day with our family and our friends. It was exactly the kind of intimate, "family-style" gathering that we wanted for our wedding, but with the indulgent comfort and service that you associate with a luxury bed-and-breakfast. The staff was amazing! They were so helpful and always eager to make sure that our every need was met. And the wedding coordinators were beyond helpful from the first day that we visited the venue through the last minute of our event. The outdoor pagoda was lovely, the food was delicious, and the hotel was spectacular. ALL of our guests raved about how different and intimate our wedding was, our families still talk about what an amazing time they had staying in the hotel rooms and eating at the restaurant, and we were so pleased with every detail that the staff put together for us on our big day. Furthermore, the value for your money is unmatched. I seriously cannot overstate how special this venue and its staff are!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Connie B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My Boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Wildwood in on Christmas Eve and had a lovely stay at the hotel. Our room was tasteful and comfortable and I loved the easy to use ( switch) gas fireplace that opened into the bedroom and the bathroom. We loved the large bathtub as well! The staff I encountered were all extremely professional and friendly and even though we slept past breakfast, I asked and we were able to get some coffee and some pastries, which were most welcome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay here again. I'm sure the garden is amazing in warmer weather!

Room Tip: Get a room with a fireplace of you go in the winter! We used ours and it was wonderful!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Meg C
Space Coast, Florida
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Wildwood Inn on Christmas Eve. We arrived and were greeted warmly at the front desk. We were offered help with our bags, which we declined. The entire inn was decorated beautifully for the holiday, and when we got to our room, Christmas music was playing softly on the radio.

Our room was on the second floor and included a king sized bed, whirlpool tub, and gas fireplace. It was certainly one of the most comfortable and elegant rooms in which we have ever stayed, and that includes places that were twice the price or more.

The only negative thing I can say about this experience is that it did not last longer. We would definitely return!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank kimturner76539
Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to a friends wedding that my husband was in at Wildwood Inn. All my jewelry (including my wedding ring and college ring) were taken a basket in my room while I was gone. They tried to convince me I did not know where I left my jewelry when I reported it to them. They told me they would ask the housekeepers etc. but that I needed to go thru my bags. They said they went thru the room later without anyone that was staying in the room's permission or notification!! The manager refused to come in on her "one day off" to even talk to me or the bride and groom the day after the wedding after I broke the news to them. $5,000 worth of jewelry that no amount of money can replace. They continued to be rude and evasive since the incidence. This has been the worst experience of my life losing irreplaceable wedding ring and college ring! The manager even screened calls coming in from me. She later did talk to me only to be evasive and non sympathetic to my loss.

The customer service at this place is horrible!!

Not to mention, the front door was broke and we were locked in and out several times. The room we were suppose to stay in had a plumbing issue so we agreed to move wherever only to be moved the next day to another room with little to no notice. The hot tub did not work and was too cold to be used. The key card system apparently was also faulty so they could not even say who was in or out of my room when the jewelry was stolen. The provided no safe in or out of room for valueables. Etc, etc, etc.

Leaving me to feel victimized by this horrible establishment!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sheena100603
WildwoodDenton, General Manager at The Wildwood Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
To the readers of this review,

As an establishment that has been in business for over 10 years, this has never happened in our hotel nor is it something that we would not address immediately. We are closely working with the police regarding this incident and are unable to respond to the specifics of this guest’s story.

We host hundreds of guests and events per year and take pride in our professionalism, customer service, and prompt attention to the needs of everyone who walks through our door. We always recommend when staying in a hotel that is full of guests that you make sure your doors remain closed and your valuables are not out in plain sight. It’s very important to do a second check to make sure that all of your items have been removed from the room before you check out. As you continue to read our reviews, we hope that will speak for itself.
We invite you, the guest, to give the Wildwood Inn the opportunity to show you that we are an establishment that takes pride in everything we do for our guests. It is very important to us that you are happy and comfortable and leave with good memories. This business is our passion.
Thank you.
Krum, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

For this area it is really nice. Comfortable rooms, nice bathrooms and simple but nice breakfast. A few things are off and,its too bad because there are not a lot of choices in The area. The few things are,pretty minor and could be a great place to stay. One room I stayed in had towels from j.c.pennies(label still on)
No coffee Service in room. You can use The one in hall,but its just nothing special.

• Stayed January 2012