“Very Nice Property”

and 1 more site!
The Wildwood Inn
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Needing a decent place to stay with my wife during a 4 day business trip to Denton (land of marginal freeway hotels). We found Wildwood on the net. Weekend rate was a little high, but averaged out with much lower weekdays. The property was very nice, staff courteous, food good. They sent us an email warning us that there was a wedding one night and to expect loud noises. Overall a really nice experience.

Only one minor complaint, thermostats were the programmable type and we had difficulty adjusting them, besides that a comfortable stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CRSlaton

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our stay was very enjoyable on June 23rd/24th. The staff Taelor,Madison, and the others were just what we needed to help us enjoy the well deserved time off. Thanks Tealor for the Guispeppe restaurant referral. We walked the property and found the most unusual lizard and took lots of pictures of the pool and butterflies. We did a few yoga moves on the patio as well.We really had a great time together. Thank you for a very nice get away. We look forward to visiting again.
David & Leslie Luquette

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank David L
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Visiting my family in Texas, I decided to once again visit The Wildwood Inn to see if my second visit compared favorably to my first, and much to my great joy, it did, so it is definitely my go-to spot for Denton and environs.
This property has a rural/pastoral feel even on a semi-busy thoroughfare; even the parking lots are sandwiched between plantings that muffle whatever sounds emanate from the road. The Continental breakfast that is included in the room price is excellent, cereals, muffins, bagels, yoghurt, bananas, with the usual butter, cream cheese, jams. Plus, there's a great choice of fruit juices and, wonder of wonders, great coffee! Yes, and tea, too.
Not only is each room unique, at least the ones I stayed in had Jacuzzis, and, believe me, that does a heck of a lot towards relaxation. A wonderful dining room looks onto the back area, which includes a swimming pool, a picturesque pergola, trees and I swear the same Blue Jays I saw the last time I stayed there. On select Thursdays, there's a wine tasting, with flights for $20. The restaurant, although I've been unlucky to have been there when there were special events, has an envious fine-dining menu.
The front desk and service are exceptional, engaging, checking flight times, checking luggage if you're early for check-in.
Check it out!

Room Tip: Be sure to check website for what you want to spend and amenities. Ask for the particular room numb...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My wife and I had our wedding at the Wildwood in January this year. It was an outstanding experience. Kendra was a wonderful leader and coordinator. She answered many, many questions, with pause and grace. We were so happy about the outcome and I believe a lot has to do with our personal planning as well as Kendra's approach to our wedding. Having a same sex wedding ceremony in Texas takes some navigation, particularly as the couple does not want or need to deal with prejudice/discrimination on a very meaningful day. We were very clear from the beginning, asking questions regarding other same sex ceremonies/parties and they were open and supportive. Our wedding was also very multicultural and the Wildwood was just incredible. We rented the whole inn for the wedding weekend so family and friends could stay together. It was such a memorable weekend, I can't emphasize it enough. Overall, great environment, spiritual sense to the outdoors, great staff (GO Kendra!) and great energy.
Thank you. I will never forget that weekend.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drcruz32
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed March 25, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My now husband took me here to propose when we were living in Texas. I had also stayed here in the past while interviewing for jobs in Denton. Lovely room and grounds. Some areas are looking a bit worn and the pool was somewhat messy with leaves and whatnot, but very pleasent overall. Very quiet, which we appreciate, and the front desk staff was helpful and accomodating. Would stay again- nice memory!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
WildwoodDenton, Manager at The Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

It was so nice to have you back to stay with us! We just wanted to share with you that we are always in the process of updating and improving our property. It's an exciting venture, yet difficult to aquire the right items to keep the look of our European Style Inn.
I hope then next time you come visit with us, it will be just as wonderful as the first!
We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

My wife and I made dinner reservations for our fortieth wedding anniversary. The front entrance of the Inn narrows quickly to the front desk where you compete with folks arriving to check into the Inn dressed in casual travel attire (think slept in airport look). After a short wait, we were seated in an empty dinning room to the sounds of the kitchen staff's voices and the front desk clerk directing check in traffic. No music; dim lighting featuring a painting that may have been found at Antique's Roadshow Hits and MIsses. (missed) That's the atmosphere of this 4* restaurant.

The wine was served warm. The lettuce in the lobster Caesar Salad had not been drained after rinsing, so a good initial taste became watered down within 3 bites. Entrees were good, but overloaded w/capers. The desert menu consisted of 3 offering; none inspired us to order.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Charlie W

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about our restaurant. We apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. We value the input of our guests and strive to make your visit one to remember. Unfortunately we are not able to control the attire of our hotel guests. We do not require a dress code for our restaurant.
To readers of this response: We invite you, the guest, to provide us with the opportunity to rectify any issues you may have. It is not only possible, but probable, that when you kindly explain any problem to us, we – or any other caring hotel – will be able to make changes that will result in your satisfaction. It is very important to us that you are happy and comfortable and leave with good memories. This business is our passion.
Wildwood Inn Management