“Awesome Food”
Review of Viet Bites

Viet Bites
Ranked #62 of 386 Restaurants in Denton
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a great lunch here. We shared spring rolls and amazing appetizer "tacos" (off-menu). I had a bahn mi with lemon grass pork that was definitely the best bahn mi I've had. My wife really enjoyed her pho with steak. We also got introduced to a great Vietnamese beer, Hue. The service was great and we'll definitely be back.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Minimal menu but very good Vietnamese offerings including pho and bahn. Excellent service even when lots of customers and friendly owner as well. Prices are hard to beat.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Would have rated this place a 5-star but the service wasn't so good. Our second visit to this new-ish local business. We are both vegan and this eatery has plenty of options for us. Appetizers this time; tofu fries and tofu spring roll. Tofu Fries are small rectangular strips of tofu, lightly fried and served with a nice jalapeño salsa / salad edible garnish. It is really good. Tofu Spring Rolls are pretty standard, fresh spring roll with cabbage, sprouts and tofu - served with peanut sauce.
We ordered the Vermicelli bowl with Lemon Grass Tofu and Vegetarian "fish" sauce and a Lemon Grass Tofu sandwich.
The menu is modular, sandwich, noodle bowl or rice bowl prepared 8 or so different ways. If you are vegetarian or vegan, just make sure your waitstaff knows and say you want the vegetarian / vegan sauce replacement.
The service letdown could be described as; the young man who greeted us, seated us and took our appetizer order was very helpful and cheery - explaining options etc ... but then a switch occurred - a less informed young man took our order and needed our help to explain the menu items, I had to get up and have my water filled and to get an additional fork (As he collected mine after the appetizer) and he never returned to our table except to bring our order, never asked if we were happy, wanted anything else etc .... This didn't happen the first time we visited so it might not be common - but it happened. Perhaps the owners will take my comments as genuine and remind the staff how important it is to engage the customer.
Overall very good food, good price and vegan and vegetarian friendly.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

OK, went in with the family as another option had too long of a wait. However, we had heard good things from friends. The food was very good once it got there. The kitchen seemed a little slow on getting the appetizers out (small egg rolls, yum). I should've ordered the spring rolls, those looked good. The soups were amazing and priced well. My wife's curry dish was excellent. Our waiter was young, (this is a college town) and had to be reminded to get refills, but when you had his attention, it was good. Very small and intimate with outdoor seating, but when its 100 degrees, opt for cooler inside.