“Good Burger, greasy fries”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denton County Hamburger
Ranked #65 of 383 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice and old fashioned, burger was very good, the self serve fries are a nice idea, they would have been good except were undercooked, limp and greasy.

There are newer reviews for Denton County Hamburger

Reviewed June 17, 2012

After a college visit to UNT, we stopped on the square for a quick lunch. Obviously you don't go that late in the day on a Saturday afternoon. The service was fine, but the burger was disappointing (pulled out of a warmer) and the fries were soggy. Even the staff made a comment about a "big rush" at the end of the day. Since when is 2:30 the end of a work day??

And it was pricey for what you got. Too bad because it looked like it had a lot of potential.

1  Thank 2bassets
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I love this place! They fix my burger just like I like it, grilled, good-quality meat. Lots of places have good burgers but this place has the complete package. They have "real" fries and delicious pinto beans. It is a little pricey for lunch (+/- $10) but I have to splurge at least once a week.

If you come to Denton, don't miss this place!

Sandy (in Denton)

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My co-workers and I occasionally visit Denton County Hamburger. There are 2 locations. We always go to the one on the Denton Courthouse Square. They have a line that you go though and the service is always fast. You pick your burger and toppings, and scoop your own fries or sides onto the plate. I like the burger with the hickory sauce and cheese. It is messy. I always have to eat it with a fork. The prices are a bit high, but that hasn't stopped us from going there on occasion.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Well. We've spied this place for years wanting to try it. Finally we gave in. It was really mediocre. And really expensive. A ton of sauce covering up a burger that got made probably a while ago. Fries were good. The bill was an eye roller. 20 bucks for 2.