“Best hamburger around, good french fries and beans”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denton County Hamburger
Ranked #82 of 383 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 19, 2011

It is hard to beat this place for hamburgers, french fries, and beans. This was my first visit to this location and the food is as good as the place on the square. There is more parking here and it may be a little larger. Either location is a winner.

2  Thank BarbaraKP

Reviewed July 27, 2010

I went to college in Denton and had wonderful memories of Denton County Hamburgers on the Square. So, having to go to Denton yesterday, thought my family and I would have a burger there. I was so pleased to note that the second location on Sunset was open until 8 PM, remembering that the one on the square was only open for lunch. So, we headed out for an early dinner. At about 4:45, an off time --which may have been the cause of the problem. We were the only diners in the place. Apparently they don't cook burgers to order at the odd hour, so we had burgers that had been in some kind of warmer and were pretty bad. My son's was worse since he only had lettuce and onion on it...the mayo and mustard made mine not quite so bad. They did throw down fresh fries, which my husband requested they make "crispy". Unfortunately they were not crispy and they didn't put salt or anything on them. It was sad that my memories of a great burger joint will be forever tainted by this experience. Perhaps going at rush hour service times would have made a difference, but alas, I will never be privy to that information, since I am sure that my family will never agree to go there again. When a 17 year old and a 14 year old boy won't eat the burgers, you know there is a problem...

Reviewed February 5, 2010

Both locations, the one off university and on the square, are delicious and enjoyable. a friendly atmosphere, great to enjoy with a friend. the cheese is shredded, and it makes it kinda messy, but it is delicious. HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed January 25, 2010

The best burgers in town. No frozen pre made patties here. The veggies are fresh and add that wonderful contrast to the hot tender meat that melts in your mouth. The fries are handcut style and the best ever. The atmosphere is very casual and you can read the strange stories posted on the walls at the Sunset location.

Reviewed May 29, 2009

Love this place! There are 2 locations in town - we eat at the one on Sunset. Great freshly made flame grilled burgers. Cheese burger has about a 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese! The meat just melts in your mouth. Awesome pinto beans. Fries are good. Best Dr. Pepper in town! Very casual, low key atmosphere.

1  Thank txbluebell