“Great staff and food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Villa Grande Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 373 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Krum, Texas, United States
“Great staff and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We eat here a lot. Have two servers that keep us coming back. If you have a chance, ask for Brian or Lauren. Both are great folks, they are very attentive and know the menu and all very well.

The margaritas are good, you can choose from a simple to a complex (top-shelf) or anything in the middle. The "lager-ita" can be done with the normal Corona or an Amber Dos Equis. At the end, with your check you can get a coffee liquor (don't forget to ask for it), which is a great end to the meal.

All the entries have been very good. Large portions with good sides. The seafood is great, and the use of garlic and spices is great. Many different choices to make when you get the menu.

The downside to the location is the seating. There are a lot of tables put into a small space. When the restaurant is full, it's hard to get around and the noise level can get very high. Try not to get the table in the "bar area" as they are at the wrong angle and really hard to sit at.

• Visited October 2013

Denton, Texas
“Average Tex-Mex”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We went to the Rayzor Ranch location for lunch (I could not find that location on the Trip Advisor website so I'm putting it here). It was busy and seating was cramped - the atmosphere was very loud. We had chips, salsa and queso to start... it was all okay. It was all somewhat bland to me. We each had a margarita and got the beef/chicken fajitas for two. Again, my margarita was just okay. I've had much better and much worse. The fajitas were pretty good - again, the beef was bland. The chicken had a distinct flavor. It wasn't my favorite but my husband liked it. Tortillas, beans and rice were all pretty good. Our waitress was very, very friendly, prompt and professional. Unfortunately, throughout our meal, the nearby tables were being vigorously cleaned and the floors were being swept immediately by our table. That is pretty gross when you are trying to eat your meal. Overall, I was not impressed. It is a convenient location for us so we may return in the future, but I will definitely be checking out other places for my Mexican food fix.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went here with my family. Got the tamales and it was like eating those from a can. Food was luke warm and looked like it had been thrown on the plate. Tortillas were chewy and the rice tasted like it had been cooked in fish oil. Will not be going back.

• Visited May 2013
“Love this place!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

First, let me tell you about the margaritas!!!! TO DIE FOR!!! Excellent!!! We always go there for the 'Rita's' on a regular basis. This time around our waiter, Colby was so nice and super attentive when needed and knew when to keep his distance when we wanted a little privacy to talk. At the end of our meal, he gave us each an after dinner coffee liquor shot. It was delicious! Of course he got a good tip! I would recommend sitting on the patio on a nice day!! But inside is just as good. Can be a little crowded during busy hours. We will be back, of course!

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“Nice place friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice place with friendly staff. Salsa was excellent I had the Fajitas and my wife had Enchiladas both were good. Tequila menu was very extensive. Seating was very cramped, it would be a nice place to sit outside if temps were not in the 100's.

Visited July 2012