“Not good!”

Cowboy Chicken
Ranked #63 of 376 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We tried the Denton location a few times. Each time worse than the last. Main complaint is the chicken was way too dry, over cooked. The cucumber salad was bland. Had it before at another location and was delicious. Basically, we won't be returning. Paid too much for below average food.

• Visited May 2013

Lone Oak, Texas
“Nice looking place but the food's not too good.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant looks great and there was a really big crowd there. And yes, the staff was friendly, and service was quick. BUT the food is not that great, and it has to be the saltiest chicken I've ever had. Sorry, we won't be going back.

Visited April 2013
Denton, TX
“Salty”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I like the concept, and the vegetables I've tried have all been done well. But the wood-fired chicken, though cooked nicely, has been overly salty on both of our visits. I'm surprised more people don't seem to notice this.

• Visited April 2013
Boyd, Texas
“BAD AND BAD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

First and last time for Cowboy Chicken, I had the Cowboy Chicken Sandwich with the flame grilled chicken breast. The flame grilled chicken breast, my guess, was flame grilled in New York City and sent to Texas to be reheated in a microwave, I could have gotten a better chicken sandwich at Mickey D’s. This is the also the first time I had not crunchy potato chips but chewy chips, YUK. Stay as far away from this place as you can, you have been warned.

• Visited April 2013
“Way salty!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food was way too salty! I'd rather pick up a rotisserie chicken from Kroger & eat at home. I had such high hopes too!

• Visited March 2013