Old Irish Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Denton(Denton)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottagesalpaca experiencegreat pyreneesprivate hot tubalpaca farmwonderful hostslove animalstiny housefriendly dogsweekend breakfastcounting down the dayshis passionrace teamgourmet breakfastgreat weekenddenton squarenice clean rooms
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I entered a sweepstakes for 2 nights on B&B.com to the Old Irish B&B in Denton, Tx. I entered it not only because I enter a lot of contests, but because the place looked so interesting based on the fact it was not only a bed & breakfast, but an alpaca ranch. Being that me and my partner love animals, I thought it would be fun. When I found out I actually won, I thought being it would be such a long drive from where I live and we had to bring our dog, I would add another 3 nights. Well, I have to say I am so glad I did! I spent the most restful and peaceful vacation there than I have for years! The animals are wonderful, intelligent and captivating and there are a number of dogs and cats there that we both fell in love with! Jim & Rita Patrick, the owners, do everything in their power to ensure that all of their guest have a wonderful time. The cottages are homey and comfortable with all the amenities and the grounds are beautiful and welcoming. They even have their own kennel if you have a spoiled 4 legged baby you can’t leave at home like we do. If you need some peace & quiet and love animals, I can’t think of a better place for you and your loved one!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
368JimP, Owner at Old Irish Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

We had fun with you two. Please come back again. Make sure you have your Yankee Passport stamped at the border! LOL

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I got married here last month and could not possibly be happier. From my very first visit there I felt that Jim and Rita, the owners, were so nice and really wanted to help me have the perfect wedding. I wanted a unique wedding venue, and I definitely got it! All of my friends thought it was so cool that I was going to have my wedding at an alpaca ranch, but I don't think any of them anticipated how beautiful it was going to be! There are a few awesome options for where to have a ceremony there (like the cute duck pond, or the celtic fairy garden), but we chose the heart-shaped island with a gazebo....they even have a red carpet if you desire to be a princess! We wanted a more natural feel for ours and so Jim and Rita helped us with that as well. They made some great suggestions, and even lead us to finding an awesome celtic tradition for the ceremony by suggesting that we look into Irish wedding traditions. My guests loved it and I couldn't be happier. We held our reception after sunset in the celtic garden lit by lights in the trees and candles...it was so romantic! Now as far as the bed and breakfast aspect goes, I would still say it is just perfect! The cottages are very private and nice. The honeymoon cottage even has a private outdoor hot tub where you can pull down a shade around it for complete privacy. The most important thing for me though was how nice Jim and Rita are...they are the best! I plan to go back and stay on all anniversaries and special occasions.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
368JimP, Owner at Old Irish Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back again soon.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I wanted to find a bed and breakfast close to Fort Worth, but not in the city. We found Patrick's Pastures and the Old Irish Bed and Breakfast on line and decided to give it a try. We weren't sorry. Jim and Rita were wonderful hosts - funny, informative, but not intrusive. We liked the privacy and cleanliness of the cabin, the front porch and rocking chairs, and the alpacas that surrounded us. Breakfast was ample and delivered to the cabin. Billy guided us, allowed us to feed the ducks and alpacas and answered many questions about them as well as the beautiful dogs. We hope to return, but when the weather is cooler.
David and Joanne Gabel

Room Tip: We will request the "handicapped" cabin next time - closer to the parking area and perhaps a little roomier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Please come back again...how about St. Pat's Day?

Reviewed September 4, 2013

After searching what seemed like all over this end of the country (Texas,Oklahoma,Arkansas)for a reasonably priced, availablity, and befitting place to have our wedding...
We were blessed to find this place "Old Irish Bed and Breakfast Alpaca Ranch" providing EVERYTHING you could want and more! Our wedding was a great success and enjoyment for everyone involved. We had our vows on a heart shaped island in a white gazebo with a white bridge to the "main land". From there we walked into a beautifully flowered green landscaped tented area where all our guests were seated. Afterwards there were quaint indoor and outdoor places to visit and eat, a place for the cake and music piped upon the grounds Jim had already on disc from any era or type of music we desired. (we picked 80's). The cabins were sooo handy to have available for our out of town guests. They are new, smell new, clean, and have décor originality to make the hotel rooms seem just boring!
Jim and Rita asked us several times throughout our "event" what we would need or anything to be changed. We appreciated that.
The pictures of our wedding reflect upon a beautiful enchanting location bringing smiles and memories to reflect upon.
Susan and I are so grateful to have found Jim and Rita's place for our wedding.
We absolutely recommend The Old Irish Bed and Breakfast locating for any event or just a weekend getaway but mostly for a most wonderful location for a wedding!!!
Bob and Susan E.

Room Tip: Viewed all rooms and accommodations........everything is beyond expectations in comfort, originality, and cleanliness. All have good views from porch or windows.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thanks Bob and Susan.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I surprised my husband on his birthday (and our 9th anniversary!) with two nights at the unique Old Irish B&B and Patrick's Pastures Alpaca Ranch. Jim greeted us on arrival and saw to our every need and insured our visit was wonderful. He knows the area well and recommends restaurants and activities and even provides cards for free appetizers or desserts in area eateries. We stayed in the Carenna Cottage which connects with Nancee Gee, the honeymoon cottage. A short distance away are the three other separate cottages. All of them are nice, very clean and ready with anything you could need. All have covered porches. We enjoyed our morning coffee while watching and hearing the Ranch come to life.

Upon our arrival, we had a fruit basket and champagne waiting! The second morning, we were served an amazing breakfast in bed! We appreciated the pampering and attentiveness.

We especially enjoyed the ANIMALS!! Pat has a shadow, Cookie, who is a mini-schnauzer. There is an older, sweet Irish Setter and other dogs we didn't interact with as much. The Great Pyrenees dogs are amazing. They live with the alpaca and protect them 24/7 and were all business UNTIL the morning of the tour. When we entered the different areas (pregnant females, nursery, weanlings) to feed and learn more about the alpacas, the Great Pyrenees dogs were very sweet and loved attention and a pat on the head as well! We also fed the llamas (placed with the alpaca for protection as well). We watched the feeding of the catfish but do not fish. The geese were fun too.

We enjoyed a wonderful couples massage one evening followed by some time in the hot tub. Jim brought us refreshing drinks. He and his wife, Rita, also provided transportation into town for supper. Where do you get that at a B&B??

Our room had everything we needed and Jim checked on us to see if we needed anything else. The bed was very comfy. We had a sitting chair, table and two chairs so walking space was limited. We were able to see the other cabins and they are larger. We already know the one we want to stay in next! TV was fine although we didn't watch it much! We didn't even walk to the gazebo area! We will have to do that next time! Being August, it was very warm. We will return in cooler weather.

If you stay here and come away with gripes, you can't BE pleased! :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple