“Not family friendly”

Destiny Dallas RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denton
Destiny Dallas RV Resort
“Not family friendly”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

RV staff drives through park smoking cigarettes. Seem friendly to senior couples with extended stays but very unfriendly/gruff when communicating with families with children/pets. WiFi does not work from RV spots - must be at office/Recreation center. My 12 yr old son couldn't go to game room without parent. This may be a great place for senior couples traveling without grand kids and without need for reliable WiFi but otherwise couldn't recommend this place at all. Also they don't allow German shepherds. When I made reservation they said no pit bulls or Rottweilers but we were approached during our stay and told they considered GS aggressive breed too and reservations made a mistake but we were okay since our dog is not aggressive and we were booked for short stay. I couldn't have felt less welcomed at this RV park - made me so sad because I had been excited about staying there --- until I actually experienced their hospitality or lack thereof.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank EliotJenningsFamily

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Gulfcoast, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here several times due to the availability of RV parks in Dallas. There aren't ANY good ones !! I have found this park to have great trees that provide shade in summer, and large enough spaces that we don't feel like we are on top of someone. The management have worked with me every time to get a space I feel comfortable in. Water pressure is really good. Staff are very accommodating. We have our own hot spot, so I can't speak of the Internet. I stay here every time now, even tho it is a bit out of Dallas, it is worth the drive in. We will be staying for a month in late May, and I will post a review after that to let you know about long term stays!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank atexasfox
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The park is run down. Sites are not level. Internet is really bad. Front office staff is rude and very unhelpful. People have junk and garbage in the sites. The interior roads are not well suited to large rigs. People would be better off camping in the Walmart parking lot than using this place. Bad place all around... F- is being kind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CowboyCamper613
Livingston, TX
Reviewed March 26, 2013

How this can be called a resort is beyond me! This park is run down, the spaces are close together, and the grounds are un-kept. They say they are an RV Resort, but they a trailer park that instead of trailers has RV's in it. Mostly people that live full-time in their RV and do not drive their RV stay here. It is not a good place for true full-time RVer's or those living that lifestyle. This place barely deserves a 1 star let alone anything past that. For the money you spend here, the amenities are not worth it. Go somewhere else and pay more money to stay in a true resort because this one does not count. The staff does not listen or care for your needs, I was here with a disabled parent and they put me in a space not good for that. Worst part was they don't care. It is clear they are here to make money and nothing else. If someone thinks this is a good park or resort, run because it is far from being a resort like the Hyatt or Hilton, this park closer resembles a Motel 6. In fact, a Motel 6 would be nicer than this place and more friendly. This is just a trailer park and nothing else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denton
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Lake Lewisville
Best Western Plus Lake Dallas Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton
Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Denton
Hampton Inn & Suites Denton

Been to Destiny Dallas RV Resort? Share your experiences!