“Cajun goodness!”

Frillys South
gainesville
“Cajun goodness!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went with some coworkers and my husband who is from New Orleans and we loved it! The fish tacos were to die for, the gator was yummy. The only thing we didn't like was the etouffe, it was kind of bland. Will definitely go again!

Visited April 2012

corinth, texas
“Frillys South is Great”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Frillys for several years. It has the best seafood around as far as I am concerned. And, one of my favorite entrees is their Chicken Fried Steak. It's not beaten flat as paper as most places are and comes topped with a delicious gravy. You just can't beat it. And, the atmosphere is wonderful and the staff is great.

• Visited August 2012
Buda
“Frillys South is Now Dani Raes”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The food is good, but it's a little pricy. They used to have grouper, and a grouper lunch special on Wednesdays, but that went out with the new name.

The original Frillys off University Blvd is better.

Visited September 2012
Denton, TX USA
“Good Cajun food”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We moved to the area about 4 years ago and this is the best Cajun food we've found in our area. The waitstaff is friendly and helpful, the prices are reasonable (especially the lunch specials) and the food is delicious. The étouffée and shrimp & grits are particularly good.

• Visited June 2012
Argyle, Texas
“Kind of a mixed review”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I have passed by this place numerous times always saying we should try and go there sometime, and this past week we finally did. The decor and atmosphere of the restaurant reminded me of being in some of the "off the beaten path" places in New Orleans where the locals like to go. When we were there, we got seated right away but by the time we left the tables were full. The service was very good and attentative, and the bartender/manager came by twice to make sure we were enjoying our meal. They also had a two piece band in the bar singing blues, and they were pretty good.

As for the dinner, there was some good, some bad. We started with crabcakes and fried okra. The crabcakes were flat kind of like pancakes, they were good and my wife liked the roumalade(?) They also serve them with a crawfish sauce that was loaded with crawfish but a little flavorless. The fried okra was a disappointment, it was batter-fried and greasy, I'd prefer Grandy's okra. My wife had the snow crab legs and enjoyed them, and the butter/garlic was good. She also enjoyed the blackeyed peas, I had the seafood gumbo, It was good texture and was filling, I just prefer my gumbo with more of a spicy kick. They offer like 4 varieties of gumbo, but considering mine was served with the shrimp, crabmeat, and oyters on top, I assume they use the base soup for all varieties and just added the main ingredientson top(?) I think it would be more appealing if they mixed the ingredients in the soup before serving it. The prices are pretty good.

We will return to try it again, we enjoyed the atmospher and service, and will try different dishes to see if some are more appealing to others. In my opinion, if they spice up some of their soups and sauces, this could be a very good cajun restaurant.

• Visited June 2012