“Great place for a business trip”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stay here twice a year for 3 nights. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is consistent and the breakfast room is large and clean. The best part is that the employees create a positive experience. Every time I interact with a hotel employee, they are smiling and ask how I am doing or give me a greeting. I travel for a living and this is more rare than you think.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bluedevil1982
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I will be sure to pass your comments on to the entire staff. I know they will be pleased to hear they made a difference.

I look forward to having you return on your next trip to Denton.

Dee Kolbe

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I spent a couple nights here for business and was very happy with the entire experience. Spacious rooms, nice, large beds, new decor, and friendly staff all added to the good experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding you stay. I am glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Clean, smells good, nice hotel, great breakfast, great service. Not a single negative thing to say!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank USMuseFan

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next trip to Denton.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend and the place is fabulous. Very clean, great friendly staff and in a quite area, but easy to get to all the activities around Denton.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us soon. Dee Kolbe General Manager

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Our 5th year, 10th trip to Denton from Gallatin, TN. Have stayed at this Hampton each time. Always clean, comfortable, and greeted with a smile. Would not stay at another hotel. Had trouble with our card. The desk clerk didn't bat an eye, picked up the phone and cleared the problem in no time. Great Staff!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. We like the King Studio on the Front Side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next trip to Denton.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just returned from my weekend trip seeing my Kids and stayed at this Hampton 2 nights.
The place was very clean, new look and feel, Hampton comfort beds, stylish room, and all of the staff were courteous.

However, other reports of the thin walls I think were a little understated. I am a deep sleeper, but I was awoken at ~5am both mornings thinking people were walking circles around my bed. Not sure what the floors and walls have for insulation, but it's not very sound dampening. My method of keeping the AC/HEAT fan on constant -vs.- Auto did not help.

The exercise room was tiny, 2 machines, and was in use so I didn't test the quality, but I did like the surrounding neighborhood and had a 2 mile walk/run both mornings. It was a large Condo and student area with sidewalks and seemed safe. I would have liked to have the whirlpool to have been open after the run, even with it being winter.

The breakfast area had plenty of items, but I actually thought it was subpar for Hampton. The bacon was Near Bacon, the orange juice watery, and the muffins were bland. Mid day found I had to warm my fresh poured cold coffee in the microwave.

Although I am more specific with my complaints, I likely would stay here again if I could not find a hotel close to the same rate I got with my HHonors. I would ask to be on the top floor next time; however, as perhaps this would cut down on some of the sound.

Room Tip: get a top floor room might try Holiday Inn on same road in same location
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Very clean, updated, well kept up hotel. For the price paid, this is really what I look for. The cleaning staff even remembers to replace the coffee AND the sugar/creamer packs (something that many places forget). The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is typical for a Hampton Inn, but OK. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from elevator, and on back away from highway.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business