“Skip the ice!”

Cartwright's Ranch House
Ranked #5 of 376 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cartwright's Ranch House opened in 2011, but began as a dream many years ago. Located in Denton, TX they serve home-style foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All made from scratch. Famous for their chicken-fried AWESOMENESS!
Frisco, Texas, United States
“Skip the ice!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My server put ice in my cup without using a scoop. Later, he found an ice scoop and dropped it on the floor. He washed it off with only cold water from the soda fountain as a waitress laughed and said, "gross!" There seems to be no management present--just a bunch of unorganized employees who don't care a whole lot!
I've been there several times because the food was good, but on Sunday I waited 32 minutes and my food never came.

• Visited November 2013

Mesquite, Nevada
“Great chicken fried steak.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Our first time we were with a group of 30 people.Friendly atmosphere. Wait staff always attentive with a smile. Affordable prices and the best Chicken fried steak in Denton. Been back several times and food and service always great. Breakfast is also great.

• Visited September 2013
Denton, Texas
“Great improvement over Ruby's”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The grunge is gone! The food is good and the service was much improved. An improvement to the square! Too bad the Fine Arts next door couldn't be opened as a theater again. Valuable property to the square.

Visited December 2012
Texas
“Down on the ranch cooking”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was a good meal with steak, country fried steak and fresh vegetables. Prices are great. Service was wonderful. Will go back again went we go back to Denton.

• Visited August 2013
Montgomery, Texas, United States
“Reasonably priced and delicious!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We went into Cartwright's because we were on the square and our son was starving! As soon as we walked in, our waitress said sit anywhere. As soon as we sat down, she brought us menus and took our drink order. I had the chicken fried steak, my husband had the open face pot roast sandwich and our son had the black and bleu burger with fries. The food came very quickly and was delicious! We all took samples from each other’s plates and I have to say my husband’s food was the best, but they all tasted great! The only thing negative thing I could say, would be that the side salad my husband and I had was pretty unimpressive, but otherwise 2 thumbs way up!

• Visited August 2013