“Terrible, rude receptionists, when I asked to speak to the manager the receptionists told me to wait till morning.”
Review of Motel 6 Denton

Motel 6 Denton
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed there about a month ago, the receptionists(about mid 20's-30's Caucasian male) denied me the manager and said that the manager was away and that I was going to have to wait until the following morning to speak to him about our room that was supposed to have a fridge and didn't. I got into a heated argument with the receptionists about how I needed the manager to refund me the money for not having a fridge like I had asked when making the reservation(online). He told me that he could just have the police escort me off the property.

Overall very terrible, very Unsatisfied with the customer service there.

And the whole time when I was arguing with the receptionist the manager was outside the whole time. I didn't know at the time untill I came in the following morning and the se guy I saw outside was standing behind the counter and said he was the manager.

WORD TO THE WISE, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME DOING BUSINESS HERE, BOTH THE STAFF AND THE MANAGEMENT THERE ARE
RUDE AND VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank LakaEsther

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The owners and staff has made our stay extremly enjoyable and always fun. I highly recommend this location for anyone that is looking for short or long term lodging. Mitch and his crew are always on top of things and are always smiling when we see them. Folks book this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Hello MFountain,

We are pleased having to receive a wonderful response on our effort to offer the best value services in Motel 6 Denton. Your comments will truly inspire our team to be committed and stay on top of our goal and maintain the quality of accommodation and customer support and provide the best experience every time.

Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I usually stay at higher end hotels but wanted to try this. The Good: cheap, good location, nice staff, easy parking, decent rooms. The Bad: absolutely no amenities. No shampoo, 1 large towel per person, no closets or hair dryer, very flat pillows. The light in the bathroom was also the vent so rumbled like a train! If I were a college student with limited funds, this is a great motel for you. For those of us with a bit more money, I think I'll spend it at a nicer place.

• Stayed: January 2014
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Hello customer99,

Thank for choosing to stay at Motel 6 Denton. We greatly appreciate you for letting us know what you enjoyed during your stay as well as commenting on what areas we should improve on.

Your comments truly help us in our goal to improve the quality of service that we provide to our guests at a reasonable price. Thank you again for staying at our hotel, we hope that we could provide your accommodation needs in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We love this Motel 6 for its convenient access to leave I-35 and jump on 287 for the next day's trip to Colorado. There is a Denny's next door and they will give you a 20% discount if you show them your room key. The rooms have been remodeled, and although very basic without amenities, it has a very updated European boutique feel. The floors are now laminate instead of carpet and this keeps a very "clean" feel to the room. Enough outdoor area for the dog to be walked in the local area. Feels very safe.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back to avoid highway noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Hello Bunkie FL,

We are grateful for the opportunity of providing your lodging needs in Motel 6 and knowing that we have sufficed your preference. Your comment inspires us to be more particular of our tasks and be able to consistently provide our guests comfortable accommodation. Allow us to better serve you during your next stay. Please do not hesitate to call the attention of our staff on duty should you need assistance.

Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and our twin boys stayed here for 2 nights. Friendly service at check-in and check-out. Room was clean and had been remodeled. Loved the fact they remodeled with hard wood flooring. Updated TV with computer connection. Plenty of towels in the room. Pool was clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MontalvoTwins
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hello MontalvoTwins,

Thank you for staying in Motel 6 Denton.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and humbled that you take note of our effort to implement improvements to better serve our guests. We trust that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity of providing your accommodation needs on your next trip.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was traveling to Denton, Tx and was reading some of the reviews for the hotels in town. I saw the motel 6 sign with their rate. So I stopped by and got a room. Based on the other reviews for this hotel was nothing like that. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the staff was friendly, the rooms a really nice for the value. Every time I pass through Denton I will always stop by motel 6. Thank You.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
mitul_desai, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

thank you so much stacy for your positive feed back,we will ensure to keep higher standard to satisfy our all motel6 guest.i am going to pass this review to all my front desk and housekeeping staff,it is very encouraging for all of us at motel 6,university dr. in denton.i promise to provide highest quality service to all our repeat and future guest at this location.thank you so much and looking forward to see you again.hope u have wonderful rest of trip.

mitch desai

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've always liked Motel 6 for it's value for the money. Was glad to see when I got to this hotel that the sign said $47. Alas, I didn't read the fine print. That was MON - THU. An extra $20 for a FRI though it wasn't as if there was that much demand the night I stayed.
But anyway when I walked in the lady behind the desk couldn't even get up to greet me, but said, sitting down in the corner, "May I help you?" When I asked for a room she then bothered to get up!
The room was nice and clean, but not quiet. You could hear people talking in the hall way. Luckily not too much of that that night.
Definitely not value for the money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hello joco78704,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the response from the desk staff during your check in as well as the noise from other guests from the hallway. We will evaluate this matter and corrected accordingly so that all of our guests will have a peaceful and comfortable stay in our hotel.

Thank you for your choice to stay in Motel 6 Denton and we hope to have another opportunity of accommodating you in our hotel soon.