“Nice place to stay on a budget.”
Review of Motel 6 Denton

Motel 6 Denton
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and our twin boys stayed here for 2 nights. Friendly service at check-in and check-out. Room was clean and had been remodeled. Loved the fact they remodeled with hard wood flooring. Updated TV with computer connection. Plenty of towels in the room. Pool was clean. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank MontalvoTwins
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hello MontalvoTwins,

Thank you for staying in Motel 6 Denton.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and humbled that you take note of our effort to implement improvements to better serve our guests. We trust that you will visit us again and give us the opportunity of providing your accommodation needs on your next trip.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was traveling to Denton, Tx and was reading some of the reviews for the hotels in town. I saw the motel 6 sign with their rate. So I stopped by and got a room. Based on the other reviews for this hotel was nothing like that. The room was clean and smelled fresh, the staff was friendly, the rooms a really nice for the value. Every time I pass through Denton I will always stop by motel 6. Thank You.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
mitul_desai, General Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

thank you so much stacy for your positive feed back,we will ensure to keep higher standard to satisfy our all motel6 guest.i am going to pass this review to all my front desk and housekeeping staff,it is very encouraging for all of us at motel 6,university dr. in denton.i promise to provide highest quality service to all our repeat and future guest at this location.thank you so much and looking forward to see you again.hope u have wonderful rest of trip.

mitch desai

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've always liked Motel 6 for it's value for the money. Was glad to see when I got to this hotel that the sign said $47. Alas, I didn't read the fine print. That was MON - THU. An extra $20 for a FRI though it wasn't as if there was that much demand the night I stayed.
But anyway when I walked in the lady behind the desk couldn't even get up to greet me, but said, sitting down in the corner, "May I help you?" When I asked for a room she then bothered to get up!
The room was nice and clean, but not quiet. You could hear people talking in the hall way. Luckily not too much of that that night.
Definitely not value for the money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hello joco78704,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the response from the desk staff during your check in as well as the noise from other guests from the hallway. We will evaluate this matter and corrected accordingly so that all of our guests will have a peaceful and comfortable stay in our hotel.

Thank you for your choice to stay in Motel 6 Denton and we hope to have another opportunity of accommodating you in our hotel soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Only planned on staying one night but had motorcycle issue. The owner, Mitch, turned out to very helpful. The motel itself is being renovated. Everything in my room was clean and no problems at all. One problem that was not necessary an issue of the motel but travelers should know, Denton has only one taxi company with only two taxis. If you find yourself without a vehicle in that area your options are pretty limited.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Hello roncon09,

We are grateful for your time to give us your reviews and rating and for taking note of our effort to improve our hotel. We are indeed working very closely to be able to provide our guests with the best experience and best value service and accommodation.

Thank you for choosing to stay in Motel 6 Denton and hope that you continue to use our Hotel for your lodging needs in the near future. We look forward to serving you on your next trip.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've stayed at Motel 6 in the past and they are pretty average. I was in town for a dog field trial that is close by and hotel prices in the area had been doubled because of Nascar and another event. over $200. for a tonight stay at motel 6 is ridiculous. Room smells bad. Carpet is filthy. Big pile of dirt and trash in the corner in the bathroom and along the baseboards. Stains all over the carpet. Dirt all over the door. Door is almost impossible to open without using your shoulder to muscle in. Supposedly they are remodeling but they certainly didn't give us a remodeled room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank lurcorsr

We deeply value your relationship with Motel 6 Denton and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. We have helpful staff available at all times to assist and attend to concerns of our guests. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel and not having to meet your expectations. I assure you this will be evaluated and addressed accordingly.

Thank you for choosing to stay in Motel 6 Denton and we hope to have another opportunity to accommodate your lodging needs soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Partially renovated room but had a baby roach on the wall when I walked in the room. Management couple were super nice and very understanding. Area was very undesirable. Lots of traffic noise on freeway side. Advertised as renovated rooms, however the rooms still had old bathrooms and old furniture and very old tvs.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank usahotelguru
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello usahotelguru,

Please accept my sincerest apologies that it took a while before I responded to your reviews.

However, I am glad to inform you that we have successfully addressed previous issues in our hotel and we are currently working on maintaining the quality of services for all our guests to enjoy.

We hope to have another opportunity of accommodating your lodging needs in Motel 6 Denton soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Motel 6 recently was bought by a man named Mitch, and at first I was skeptical but now I see he is a man who runs his Motel like a house. The staff is amazing, and it just feels like home free WiFi, outdoor pool, and with a great selection of cable TV there's always something to do.. Motel 6 is also in such a great location, being next to a Denny's, Dairy Queen, and Waffle House then across the I-35 over pass Walmart, Subway, and ENDLESS possibility of fun. Defiantly a great place to stay. We're also very close to both UNT and TWU so college students Joyce!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Matheis M
mitul_desai, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Denton, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Hello Matheis M.,

Thank you for the heartwarming feedback on our effort to offer and provide value services in our hotel. Your reviews gave us motivation to work harder to maintain consistency in the quality of services we provide.

We appreciate and give utmost value to your business.

We hope you visit our hotel again soon.