“Texan Food and Texan Service”
Review of PourHouse Sports Grill - CLOSED

PourHouse Sports Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Good for: Bar scene
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had lunch there last week as it was close to our hotel and we wondered what it was like. The place was pretty empty. As with all restaurants over there we couldn't fault the service they really know how to look after you. The food for us being Aussies was ok. My wife really enjoyed her Island Chicken salad and I must admit It was pretty nice with Pecan and Cranberries in it. I had Pork Tacos. without the beans and it was enough to fill me up.

Could not fault the waitress. I imagine it buzzes more at night and it seems a pretty new establishment.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The Good:
Happy hour prices are reasonable and the view is very nice. The restaurant is well maintained and the restrooms and dining rooms are kept clean. Plenty of space for large groups (although I was in a small group)

The Bad:
Our service was quite poor. Caution: the bar rail fills up very fast during happy hour, with the rail full we decided to go sit outside. Nobody came out there, so I went and asked the hostess if there was service out there. She said yes and I actually had to ask her for silverware and menus. We sat outside for 10 minutes (give or take two minutes) until we finally decided that we would just go to the bar for our own drinks. Got a simple American beer so nothing fancy to comment on there, tap lines were clean and the beer tasted fine. The server finally came out half way through my beer (another 10-15 minutes) and said if we needed anything else we could order through him. Well if I wanted to wait twenty minutes for a beer I guess I would.

We ordered an appetizer (trash can nachos) and a sandwich with French fries (chicken sandwich) to share for me and my friend, and we informed the waiter we were sharing both. We wanted the appetizer out first - which you would think was obvious - but I guess its not here. The sandwich and the appetizer came out together. Somebody not our waiter brought the food out and before we could ask for anything else we needed (ketchup and hot sauce) the food runner had escaped. My buddy said - dude I want ketchup but I am not even going to bother asking. I concurred with the hot sauce I desired. We started eating, no beer left. We kept eating, still had not seen the waiter. This continued until we were done with our food. Ate our meal with no beverages and the waiter never checked to see if our food was ok or if there was anything we needed.

He finally came back around after we were done and inquired how our food was. At this point we just wanted our check. Luckily he had that printed out so we could go get a few more happy hour beers elsewhere.

Lasting Impressions:
The food was mediocre at best, kind of bland, very typical and slightly below average American bar fare. The service was the worst I had during my three month stay in Denton, TX.

1  Thank pirate_langostino
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been to the Pourhouse many times over the last few years! I have found that the food there is always good!! Ive tasted the Pizza, the Chicken sand and many different appetizers. The wait staff is always attentive even when I have gone w/large groups after work!!! There are plenty of sports TVs to watch as well. Good Job guys!!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We used to eat at PourHouse on a regular basis after it opened when the food was pretty good. However, somewhere along the way the food became less enjoyable. We recently decided to give PourHouse another try.
The wait staff was disinterested. The margarita was barely acceptable (and this is supposed to be a sports bar - guess I should have settled for beer). My fajitas were overcooked and cool upon recent. Not sizzling on the platter as you would expect. My husband enjoyed his pulled pork quesadillas and beer.
We probably won't go back for food anytime soon. It is a good place to drink and watch games if you like to join the crowd. Otherwise skip this place and go somewhere else.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Restaurant food was decent at best, plenty of TVs and a neat stadium setup to watch multiple screens and dine at the same time. Service was pretty good, friendly and prompt, just not much to brag about on the food. Neat setup on an artificial lake (pond) for evening events...