“HoHum”

Sidewalk Cafe
Ranked #28 of 456 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: A full service restaurant featuring Breakfast served all day. A great place for Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, or Dinner. We feature our Bistro Room where private parties, business gatherings and other events can be held. We are conveniently located right on Interstate 35E South in the Unicorn Lake Business District. We are only a few hundred feet from both the Cinemark 14 theater and the Homewood Suites by Hilton Hotel in Denton Texas.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Service...excruciating slow. Our server was very, very nice but it took almost 45 minutes to get dinner.

Food - so-so. Just okay, nothing exceptional. I had the salmon and it was a bit dry. Others with us had burgers and veggie plates. As I said, food was just so-so.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (117)

Reviewed August 2, 2019

As mentioned in the title of my review, we stopped here because it was close to our hotel. The atmosphere is very much like you would expect from a small cafe, but there are two rooms for seating - booths and tables. So, there were plenty of space. It was very busy, which is normally the sign of a good cafe. The crowd was probably 50% senior citizens. The menu reminded me of a Village Inn or Perkins - breakfast served all day, sandwiches, burgers, and some dinner entrees. Our family got the Reuben (side of fried pickles), Chicken Salad sandwich (side of fries), the Tuscan Grilled Cheese (side of fries), and the Bacon Cheeseburger (side of mac 'n cheese). My husband is a self-declared Reuben connoisseur, and he was incredibly happy. It was loaded with corned beef, and he was pleased with the flavors. He was barely able to finish it because it was so full! His side of fried pickles, which he thankfully shared with me, brought back memories of the fried pickles my grandfather, now passed, used to make by hand every summer. There was a heaping pile and they were just the right amount of sour, coating, and salt. For my chicken salad, I chose the style with grapes and dried cranberries. My sandwich was also packed with chicken salad - lots of shredded chicken, mayo, craisins, and grapes with tomato and lettuce. The chicken salad had a red tint to it, so I think it may have also had paprika in it, but I couldn't really taste it. Didn't matter, it was sooo good because it was savory, slightly sweet, and a little sour - well balanced and something a little more exciting than a plain chicken salad. I couldn't finish my sandwich either, but I took the leftovers with me to eat later. The fries were hot and plenty of them, mid-sized cut. The burger was huge and we also took half of that sandwich home for my daughter to eat later. She ate all of the mac 'n cheese. It was nice and cheesy, and she had no problem eating all of that side dish. Finally, the Tuscan grilled cheese had a pretty equal amount of cheese, tomatoes, basil, and arugula. She did wish it had a little more cheese, but she said it was still delicious. Overall, I would certainly come back here for the wide variety, tasty and filling eats, especially so I can have the fried pickles that remind me of my Grandfather's fish fry's from my childhood.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

We stopped here prior to going to the movies next door. Ordered something quickly so we could make the movie time. Was a little surprised when I got my chicken tortilla soup and it was ice cold. I think they took it straight out o the frig and didn’t even bother heating it up. They didn’t offer to take it off the bill until I told them I wasn’t paying for something I couldn’t eat. Waitress was very apologetic and sweet but there is a reason the parking lot was deserted. We won’t be back.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Make the effort to find it, this place has the best down home southern cooking in town. Desserts to die for.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Went to the Sidewalk Bistro Cafe for a business meeting. Several of us were there. Each had a different entre. I had a soup and sandwich offering and it was really, really good and enjoyable and just enough but not so much I needed a nap!! All who were there enjoyed their food. Nice atmosphere. Lots of menu offerings - something for anyone.

Date of visit: April 2019