“Definitely would stay again and again.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive
Ranked #5 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Been driving for a while on a hot day and needed a place to stay the night. Picked this hotel as we love LaQuinta Hotels. Took a bit to get to this one due to Texas DOT doing their best to make it difficult to get here. Once arriving, we were greeted by a very professional front desk clerk. He accommodated us by putting us in a 1st floor room with large ceilings, King Bed, couch and table and flat screen high definition television. What a great room for the money.

• Stayed: September 2013
TJ P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thanks for the GREAT review, and pictures to boot!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again next time around.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Overall, my stay was o. k. The maid didn't clean my room twice for no apparent reason during my 7 nights stay. Animals aren't just confined to the first 2 floors. The clerk said that at one time or another animals will be housed in any room. This is important to those of us who are allergic to animals. I wondered why at times my eyes would water & I would have sneezing spells.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

I'm sorry you had some allergy sensitivity issues while you were here. We truly do our best to give every pet room a bit more elbow grease!

Next time you stay with us, we’ll get you up on the 3rd or 4th floor. We try to limit pet owners to the 1st and 2nd floor, so people with severe pet allergies get less exposure. It does happen occasionally, due to availability, that we have no choice but to allow a pet higher up, but that’s the exception, NOT the rule!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here while visiting family in the area. The rooms were excellent and the staff wonderful. We noticed a problem with the mini frig not working and within 10 min of notifying the desk a manager was at the door with a replacement. We travel with two small dogs and the La Quinta pet free policy is great for us.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BobM28391

Thank you for your review!

I'm happy to hear that our Desk Agent and Maintenance brought their 'A' game! I know we have a spectacular staff here, but it's always good to hear it from others!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and son just left the place this morning. When I checked out I asked which rooms smoking was allowed because the smell kept us up most of the night. From the expression on the young lady's face at the front desk I could tell she had been asked this question before. She explained the smoking policy and the $250 dollar clean up fee if caught smoking in the room but she says despite that they still have guests that smoke in the rooms. She told me there was nothing they could do about it!

I know one thing they could do about it. Stop advertising the hotel as 100% smoke free!!!

My wife and son and I are all non smokers and we all had difficulty getting to sleep. We thought that the smoke might be coming from outside be we investigated and no one was around.

Between 12:00 and 1:30 we had finally had enough and tried to call the front desk. It was always busy and we figured they had just taken the phone off the hook. The front desk explained that the button labeled 'front desk' on the phones actually doesn't work.

If a hotel knows that they have inconsiderate guests who are going to smoke regardless of what penalties they put in place that's fine, but when you continue to advertise an amenity like %100 smoke free, then your complacent, and going after my business on false pretenses.

I don't feel refreshed, I don't feel I got my money's worth in the least bit and will be taking my business elsewhere when I come to visit my daughter at UNT.

Room Tip: Don't look for smoke free here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Hal L

I’m sincerely sorry you had some smoke related allergy issues here at our facility.

We do take in-room smoking VERY seriously, and the Desk agent was rite in her $250 quote to cover damages.

A typical room that has been smoked in goes through a rigorous multi-day cleaning, involving an Ozone Machine, Carpet Cleaning, and triple laundry soak! While the process is thorough, It does take some time to do RITE.

That blasted cigarette smoke is a formidable foe indeed! I'm sorry you caught us 'mid fight'.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Hotel carpet on 2nd floor outside elevator looks horrible. Room was nice, lobby nice, staff nice. Slightly more expensive than Hilton and Holiday Inn Express. No restaraunts near by. Right off freeway at University. Kinda of industrial area.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for the review!

We agree! That carpet needed some tender loving care! We had a full cleaning service come through on August 15th. Our New General Manager also got us set up with a recurring service provider!

-Andrew m. @ the Front Desk.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is our third stay at this La Quinta in Denton. The top thing here is the willingness of the staff (particularly Andrew) to accommodate us, regardless of our needs or problems we might have encountered.
My boyfriend was allowed to check in before me since he arrived first, without paying for the stay. I had booked it in my name. Usually when I call to give permission, I am told at any other property, that he must pay to check into the room. This was excellent and very convenient.
When I arrived, Andrew was very friendly, and gave me advice about new places to eat when I inquired. I am also a returns member, and was offered a free upgrade to a suite, which was a very nice surprise. It was around my boyfriend's birthday, so the timing was great! Bigger room, later check out! These things I mention, make me want to stay at LaQuinta where I go, rather than just looking for the best deal anywhere.
The two things we had a problem with were, that the maid didn't complete our room clean up after the first night. The front desk offered to supply towels, new sheets and brought us drinks and a snack for the inconvenience. Just a word of advice. Be sure if you arise later in the morning and have the do not disturb sign out, BE SURE that you not only remove it from your door, but also call the front desk for service and let them know you are leaving. The maid saw my boyfriend, and he even told her he was leaving, but the room still was not done completely. We got new towels but not bed service.
The 2nd problem was when we went to the pool to swim the 2nd night. The hot tub jets did not work. Andrew was training Dillon, but told us to pop the emergency button out and back in. We had already gotten out and left the area. We did try it this morning, but it still didn't work, so I did report it again before leaving. I figure they want to know this stuff so they can fix it for the next person.
All in all, it was a nice stay. I have stayed in several places in Denton and will stay here for the price and accommodations again. It is a little hard to get to from the back side. Ask when calling for reservations how to get there easier.
Breakfast was good. Eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy and sausage. Then the other continental items as normally found in hotels for breakfast.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. The earlier you make a reservation, the cheaper it is. AAA and AARP and S...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the glowing review. The pleasure was all mine.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

and most of them arent relevant to my stay, but 1: there is currently a billboard north of denton advertising the (former) (company owned)fort worth drive property as $59. come football season, this is going to generate a lot of noncustomers.my suggestion to the owners of this (franchise) property is to honor the billboard rate as a courtesy until corporate takes it down. you will generate some goodwill that way. I stayed using 6000 points+ 15. (I would have preferred 6,000 points, like the company owned store used to have). there are 2 courtesy pcs in the lobby, tho, they can be cantankerous at times.the breakfast is adeqaute, but needs, imo, donuts., & hard boiled eggs. the complimentary lobby paper is, alas, a usa today, and they have no real newspapers for sale. (such as the denton, dallas, or fort worth papers)in texas heat, that walk to the rack by the store can be brutal.they are also a bit far from the nearest city bus stop (university drive wal-mart)., about 3/4 miles away.but again, these are minor quibbles. room had a micro, a (well placed) fridge,and a REAL FULL SIZE COFFEE POT. guest laundry *(very popular) was just a $1.00 for a FRONT LOADER. (almost unheard of for hotels/apts truckstops/rv parks to have such well priced laundromats).especially a *front loader* :-) smie (front loaders, hold more, and get clothees cleaner). nice tub in room. bed very comfy. room roomy.even tho i paid in part, with points., i would gladly pay (max)$59+tax for this room again.

Room Tip: if they will honor the billboard rate of $59.oo+tax, go for it.otherwise, there is a days inn nearby...
Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to offer such a good review!