“Very dissapointed”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Austin, United States
“Very dissapointed”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Tub didn't drain; wound up finishing my shower in 6 inches of water. This is why we shower, to get rid of that crap! Breakfast was cold, and while I tried to order fresh; the server just gave me what was on the buffet. That was dry and unappealing!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the malfunctioning bathtub drain and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the servers and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Denton, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice room clean. Easy to get to and parking was convenient. Staff was very friendly. Lots of places to eat next door within walking distance as well as in room fridge and microwave. Also lots of shopping near by Easy interstate access. No problems. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
We value our guests' feedback and use that to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Responses such as yours are also a great reminder that our guests notice our staff's efforts. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay, please let us know. We hope to see you again.
Garland, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Overall my wife and I were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay. My only recommendation for improvement would be the living area furniture. We paid a little extra for the space for a sitting area, I found the couch to be very uncomfortable to the point of having a back ache after sitting on it for a short time. Thankfully the bed made up for it and a good nights sleep solved the problem. Please place better quality furniture in the sitting area. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about our hotel.
We do take our guests< comments into consideration as we move forward.
We hope to see you again if you pass this way in the future. Thank you again.
El Paso
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed here while visiting family. The young lady at check-in was distracted and somewhat indifferent to me. I asked the if the location of my 1st floor room was near the path to either the pool or breakfast area and asked to be moved if it was. This seemed to annoy her, but she did find a room on the 2nd floor. While checking me in, she took a call from a guest and told him that she would get to his request soon, she'd been busy. I was looking forward to the bed as I had read so many great reviews, however it was disappointing; extremely firm with no give around the perimeter with indentations that seemed to pull me toward them in the middle. No amount of fiddling with the dials affected this. The pillows and bedding were very nice and comfortable. The room was nicely outfitted and large. I have stayed at several hotels in Denton, and would recommend the Best Western Premier as the best hotel for service, friendliness, rooms, cleanliness, and amenities including an amazing pool and a quite good breakfast buffet with made to order omelets included in the rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Woodinville, Wa, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything was excellent. The bar was supposed to close at 10 pm, but that is when everyone decided it was time for a drink! The barmaid happily kept serving well past 10. My appointment in the morning went very long and I was not able to get back to the hotel to check out until 2:00. They were very nice about the late check out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to offer your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My sister & I stayed at this hotel after I arrived in Dallas from a very long trip from Singpore. She knew I would need a few good nights rest to recover from jet lag. The check in & out process is very quick & efficient and the staff could not be more friendly & accommodating! I appreciate the 2 complimentary bottles of water upon check-in, but would have liked to have that done daily. The beds & pillows were awesome & the room size was great. The walls are a bit thin, as are the windows. I would recommend requesting a room as far from I-35 as possible! The traffic is quite audible in the rooms otherwise. I will definitely stay here again, but will bring ear plugs next time!

Room Tip: As far away from I-35 as possible!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about our hotel.
We strive to provide excellent and friendly customer service. It is our hope that our guests feel comfortable for their stay with us. Any input we get helps us improve our efforts. If you are back this way, ask for a room on the back side of the hotel. Some of us are lighter sleepers than others.
Comments like yours are great morale boosters and remind us why we are in this business. I will pass this on to the staff.
We hope to see you again if you pass this way in the future. Thank you again.
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Booked a stay for the weekend of Jazz Fest. Check in was very quick. The lady at the desk was very nice. The rooms are extremely clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are very nice and clean. The adjustable beds where comfortable and the bedding soft and comfy. This hotel is located just off I35N, however it's far enough back that there is no noise. Wonderful breakfast buffet for $8.95. We stayed at the back of the hotel where there is a nice wooded view. Would recommend and would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the property.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the breakfast to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Denton in the not too distant future.