“Excellent hotel.”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Oklahoma
“Excellent hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had the opportunity to stay here recently and it was great. When we checked in, we were given a regular room when I had reserved a Jr. suite. Another person, I think her name was Maria, at the front desk promptly changed our room. The suite was large and comfortable and clean, in fact the hotel was spotless. We did not try the adjustable bed but should have. The lobby area was open and inviting. My husband used the exercise room twice and it was also very large and very clean. We had wine and dinner there that night and Heather was most helpful and friendly. The wine selections were good and the food was excellent. Domingo, the chef, was helpful and prepared the food perfectly. Breakfast was also good. We chose the buffet but we could have ordered from a menu if we wished. The internet was free which is a big plus. I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and this hotel is one of the best of all brands I've stayed in.

Room Tip: request a room on the back of the hotel to avoid interstate road noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mamasans
dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
• Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denton. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Heather and Domingo were helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. It means a lot coming from a Gold member as we are aware of how much time you spend in hotels so you are speaking from considerable experience. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've just completed our second stay at this wonderful property. The staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The rooms are well-appointed and maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness. It's an easy location to get to any place in Denton. The rate is reasonable and you get a lot for your money. I did notice some matters for concern from when we stayed at the hotel in 2010--the housekeeping staff has apparently been cut back because our room was not cleaned until 2 PM. The one overburdened housekeeper appeared to have a WHOLE floor to do by herself. Also, half the security lights in the parking lot were out--whether by accident or intent I don't know. Both problems could be from ill-considered cost cutting as was suggested in another review. And, the cookies were no longer free; they're $1.50. I strongly recommend that if these issues are the result of cost cutting, the policy be re-evaluated. Sleep quality was diminished by the elephants in the room above ours who galloped around and dropped things at 3AM. However, on the positive side--one desk clerk, Ralphiel, went beyond the call of duty to help us find some important information and the bar tender was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is cleaned early--probably toward the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DrSuz
dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denton. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Ralphiel was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with him. I do not understand the comment about our cookies as they are, and always have been free. If there is a noise issue, please let the front desk know so they can address it. We are here to make your stay comfortable. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and it wont be the last. Checkin was great, fast and clerk explained the bed features. Also was informed of the dining promo they had and my free breakfast in the morning. I was also handed a cold bottle of water, which was greatly appreciated. Other hotels at this levels should follow this. My first impression of this hotel as i was walking the hallways was, WOW!!! it was very clean and very lit up, gave the impression of very inviting. I have stayed at 5 star hotels and this was the first time that i was impressed of the hallways. Once in the room it reflected the cleanliness of what i saw in the hallway. Room was good and clean, came with a microwave and fridge. AC kept the room cold but was loud and turning on and off. Ate dinner there one night and food was ok, service was ok and seems like bartender/waitress also delivered the food up to the rooms so sometimes the bar was unattended. Ate breakfast, buffet style and food was better but its breakfast. Service was great, had to waitstaff roaming around getting you drinks and coffee. They also took your order if you wanted something else like an omelet or french toast w/c comes with the price of the buffet or your free breakfast.

This was my first time at an HGI and have stayed numerous times at a hilton and it was great. I will be back again, i will include this in my hotel rotation while in the area. By the way, they have free cookies by the reception desk.

1 Thank TX0810
dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the cleanliness and guest service of our hotel to your satisfaction. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable from the moment they begin their stay until checkout. We will continue to strive to make your future stays with us as pleasant as this one. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Had my first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Denton. First, love the location, convenient to everything in Denton. Plenty of parking and rooms are clean. However, what will bring me back is the service. I saw some negative reviews on this and quite frankly, the best service I have ever received at a HGI is in Denton. Had breakfast there and the two ladies who were taking care of the morning traffic were FANTASTIC! Smiling, friendly, prompt, just great. I will stay again because of their service.

2 Thank jay60athens
dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and will let the breakfast servers know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.
Buda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel was the best place to stay in Denton, but it no longer is. Management staff has been cut, and the sole manager, Dennis Thorpe is known to be a tightwad cheapskate when it comes to guest safety and comfort, including security, staffing, changing to cheaper brands of restaurant food items, and even cutting out the morning paper.

My truck was broken into twice at this hotel. When I reported the first incident to the manager, Dennis Thorpe, I was received a blank expression. He discouraged me from filing a police report, saying it won't do any good. I filed one on-line with the Denton PD anyway.

I planned to stay at another Denton hotel for my next long term stay here, but all other Denton hotels were booked and I could only get a room at the Hilton Garden Inn.

My truck was broken into again. This time I called the police. And I met other guests who had their vehicles broken into that night. At least two other vehicles were broken into that night. Others may not have reported it.

The Police Officer told me break ins have been an ongoing poblem at this hotel and the restaurants across the street along I-35. The Police theorize the theives have quick access on and off the I-35, so they can get in, break in, and get away quickly. They recommended higher security including cameras in the parking lot.

There are signs in the parking lot stating "User Assumes All Risk". The problem is that the user is unaware of the high risk of parking here. Management is very aware of the problem, but does not even share that with hotel staff much less guests. Hotel desk, restaurant, and night staff were unaware of the break in problem. Consequently NO ONE is watching for guest safety.

Use extreme caution when staying here, or better avoid this hotel entirely.

Also, I can attest to the ant problem mentioned by other guests, even on the 4th floor. Another guest and I bought and placed our own ant bait/traps in our rooms. A restaurant staffer told me of being bitten by multiple ants in the kitchen.

Room Tip: If you want your car to be safe, stay somewhere else.
5 Thank John D
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously. We have spoken to police about more drive throughs and higher police presence to better protect our guests’ safety and try to prevent situations like this from occurring. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.
Marysville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed several times at the Hilton Garden Inn in Denton, TX. This has become a mainstay for the company I work for as many of my coworkers stay here as well. We now call it the "Clubhouse". The staff always has a smile on their face and make sure that you are having a good experience. The rooms are always clean along with outside. I will continue to use this hotel while working the DFW area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael S
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback about our hotel.
We strive to provide excellent and friendly customer service. It is our hope that our guests feel comfortable for their stay with us. Any input we get helps us improve our efforts.
Comments like yours are great morale boosters and remind us why we are in this business. I will pass this on to the staff.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to Denton. Thank you again for your continued patronage.
Prescott, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I booked a stay with breakfast only to find out that they cant be bothered to begin there day at a reasonable time so those of us that travel for work and must be at work not hanging around waiting on a bunch of losers to get there S*** together.
also dont look for the coffee pot as it does not exist outside of breakfast the economy is tough but the lack of SERVICE makes HGI a Looser anymore.
As for there Satisfaction Guarantee its worthless too.
They need to send my money back but that is as big a joke as HGI has become.
Beds are too hard and pillows a joke my couch has nicer pillows and bigger ones at that.

A nice roon is WORTHLESS without a hot cup of coffee and a good breakfast on the house is critical for the price demanded at least Roadway has hot coffee round the clock and a Dennys is always nearby.
Dont wast your time or money go next door to Best Western

Room Tip: Go to the Best Western next door far superior.
2 Thank ChauvinEmmons