“Very nice property”

Hilton Garden Inn Denton
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed June 1, 2011

This property is new and they appear to have done everything right. Check-in was effortless and professionally handled. Room was clean and well maintained. Bed was extremely comfortable. Property sits far enough back from interstate that road noise was not a problem. Breakfast buffet was at the upper range of the various Garden Inns I have stayed in. I did not have dinner at the hotel so can not comment. While not a big deal, I did have one little surprise. As a Hilton Honors member, I was upgraded to a small suite. The desk, in the sitting area, did not have a phone on it which was unusual based on my experience. The only phone in the suite was in the bedroom beside the bed. Just a bit inconvenient. Overall, a very nice property with a professional staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We strive to make every guest happy with their stay.
We do try to use this feedback to find ways to improve our customer service.
I hope you will stay with us again if you are back this way. If so, please feel free to ask for me. I would be more than happy to hear any suggestions and comments you may have.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

They promote a garden sleep system. The ad says "The bed you are about to experience is the Garden Sleep System by Natural Form. This revolutionary bed provides perfect support for the restorative night sleep." It says it is adjustable and it is not. Absolutely the worse bed I have every slept in. Will not go back to this hotel....

Room Tip: Go to the Best Western across the street
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2011

I choose this hotel for a couple of days of R&R while visiting friends, and am very pleased that I did. From the courteous and professional staff, to the clean and comfortable rooms everything was what I had expected. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and will be back for another stay.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed March 21, 2011

I travel over 200 days a year, and The Garden Inn - Denton is a Winner! The excellent customer service from the friendly staff, clean rooms with all the amenities for a business traveler, the full time chef for breakfast and dinner including room service and full bar, this Hilton Hotel is a must stay while traveling north of Dallas. Located one block from huge regional mall, great value for the price, and the food was excellent!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
HGI-Denton, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Thank you immensely for letting us know that our Hilton Garden Inn Denton is on the right track for professional travelers. We value your extensive travel knowledge on how we rank and the amount of time you spend in hotels is impressive. Our food and beverage staff is pleased to know you consider them a valuable resource. We are also happy to know you found our close proximity to shopping a plus for our location. We look forward to hosting you and business travelers alike again and again.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during a business trip. It still looks and feels very new. We liked the modern decor, the wider hallways, and higher ceilings. The staff, from the breakfast room to the check-in desk was very friendly and efficient. We worked out everyday in the fitness room which was reasonably well-appointed. It is in a very good location - with easy access to restaurants and shops. I chose the hotel only because it is close to where I needed to go for meetings but it turned out it was an even better choice than I anticipated. I would definitely recommend the hotel to all sorts of travelers.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
HGI-Denton, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The higher ceilings and hallways you referred to is what Hilton Garden Inn calls "light and airy." We have spent many hours working with our staff to make sure you have a pleasant experience at our new hotel. They are ecstatic you found them friendly and efficient. We are even more delighted that you found proximity to shops and restaurants a plus for staying with us.

Thanks again for the kindest of words. We look forward to serving you and many more with the same Hilton hospitality.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I was flying to dallas for a friends wedding and relaxing weekend from the crazy holidays. I work in a very nice hotel so I was looking forward to staying in one for a change. I arrived after flight cancelations turned my 6 hour flight into 21 hours, but at least I made it. Needless to say, we were rushed the entire stay, pushed out of the room in the morning, and when I notified the front desk that I had left my wallet and phone in the room he said that housekeeping was in there and they would turn in anything that they found. When I returned from the wedding that evening my wallet and phone were turned in but all of the cash was stolen out of my wallet. When I notified the desk immediately upon its return they simply said there was nothing they could do and to talk to management the next day (my departure date) The manager on sunday said they couldn't do anything either but would tell the GM who would call the next day, The GM told me that both the housekeeper had gone into my room while I was gone, and that the front desk had gone in as well yet he would not believe that either would take my money. He simply told me he was sorry, meaning that he thought I was lying. I would not recommend this property to anyone. The staff is new and not trustworthy, and not helpful. I recommend staying at more established hotels in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravelPro33333
HGI-Denton, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry about the unpleasant travel experience you had getting to us.

I regret the situation you are in and I can assure you that our staff handled everything as professionally as possible. We have diligently reviewed the security tapes and can assure you our staff followed the proper protocol with your belongings. We have found no indication of any wrongdoing by our housekeeping staff and have full truest in our employees.

Please feel free to contact me again if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed there for a Convention with our daughter ....nice pool and gym. Great cook to order breakfast also. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
HGI-Denton, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2010

We are very happy that you enjoyed yourself at the Hilton Garden Inn Denton. We know you have a choice and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We hope to see you again soon.