“Great - Comfy, food morning and night and walked around the lake across the street!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice lobby, great location near restaurants. Lake across the street for walking - very pretty. Nice breakfasts and dinners with bottles of wine! Comfortable rooms. If they only had higher grade mattresses and decent clock radio, would be a solid "10".

Room Tip: Stay away from the dreaded ice machine!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay with our Homewood Suites in Denton, Texas. We are very excited that you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope that on your next trip to Denton that you will choose to stay with our hotel.
Michaela Auchard,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Noble, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Was disappointed with the lack of having any snacks available during Christmas evening and the housekeeping was limited. Ran of of critical supplies and could not get anyone to acknowledge the request. It was snowy and icy and there was no attempt by anyone to clear the entry or parking lot. Trying to get into the hotel and exit was unsafe. Again no one responded to any request for assistance. The breaker went off in the room so no ceiling fan or bathroom light. Again, total lack of response to request for assistance.
I know it was the holiday season but some of the basic requests should have been responded to.
With your 100% satisfaction guarantee - it failed to meet the test. I have stayed in many Hilton properties and have always had great service. Was disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Dixie J
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Dixie J,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. We take them very seriously and try to learn from our guest experience. I understand your frustration during your visit over Christmas and I would like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay if it is not inconvenient.

You can e-mail me at michauchard@chartwellhospitality.com or call at 940-382-0420.
I look forward to speaking with you.

NorthCarolina
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel, great staff, wonderful breakfast! Our two boys 2&4 slept on the fold out couch. The mattress was horribly uncomfortable for me, but they seemed to not mind.

I would stay here again, just on the top floor and never fall asleep with my boys on that couch! We were on the 1st floor and our upstairs neighbor stomped like KING KONG! other than that, we really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank courtneychanda2013
Dear courtneychanda2013,
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel. It is exciting to know that you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope that we have the opportunity to accommodate you on your next visit to Denton.
Waxahachie
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this Homewwod several times after it was first openned and loved it. Not so much now. Unfortunately, like most hotels in college towns, this one is in need of some TLC. Every lamp shade in the room was either ripped or beat up. The headboard was hanging a good inch lower on one side. ( made me crazy) The shower door actually came out of it"s track and fell on me while I was in the shower. They did fix that immediately. The coffee was old and cold at 6am Sunday and the breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs and soggy tater tots. We also keep noticing a funky smell in the hallway and in the bathroom. The management of this hotel needs to wake up and start caring for this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Susan O,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay. I’m very sorry that you had the experience that you had at the hotel and would like the opportunity to speak to you more about your stay. The challenges that you mentioned are not acceptable.
If you would like to discuss your stay more directly with me please call me directly at 940-382-0420 or you may email me at MAuchard@ChartwellHospitality.com I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.
College Station, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend and my dog so he could visit some friends in Oklahoma. We got there on a Firday and the room was really nice. They $75 for a pet is kind of pricey but I was willing to pay because I don't ever board my dog. We were all woken up around 2:30 am by my dog running around cause she could hear people. Well that was just a start. It got louder and louder and they were running from room to room and pretty much not caring about others in the hotel. I called the night auditor and he explained to me that a bridal party had just gotten back so I excused the noise for a little while. After about 30 minutes I couldn't stand it so we took my dog to go outside. As he walked her I went to speak with the night audit and he was very nice yet nothing happened about the noise so we left our hotel room around 3 am to go get food cause we had nothing else to do since we couldn't sleep. After returning at 4am the noise was still going on and never calmed down. I was so tired I passed out. The next morning there was a note under my door with a $5 starbucks card and a short note on plain paper. No letterhead, no real signature so unapologinic. What am very unhappy with my stay or at least the actions that were not taken. I mean since I didnt sleep a free or discounted rate would've been great. Or a refund on my pet deposite because I did pay for her to stay and not to get woken up inturn waking me up which never happens

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kar024,
I’m very sorry that you experienced an uncomfortable weekend with our hotel. I am very aware of the weekend that you are speaking about and the many challenges.
I would like to have the opportunity to work with you and make this situation right. You can call me directly at 940-382-0420 or by email, MAuchard@ChartwellHospitality.com.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were on a road trip of over 6000 miles across 14 states and stayed at different hilton properties throughout the journey (hilton honors member). This hotel was absolutely beautiful and looked brand new although it's a couple years old. However, our room stunk. My husband called that night to complain that the room smelled because the fridge stunk and had gunky stuff in it. No one apologized or made any effort to assist. There was a piece of the shower or some part of the bathroom wall left standing in the corner of the bathroom, the chair had crumbs in it, and the desk drawer had kids drawings. Other than that the bathroom was clean and the bed was great, the rooms were quiet, and the halls and elevators were clean. But I left a voice mail message for the manager (she was out when we checked out the next day) and she never called me back to even apologize that they weren't very thorough in cleaning this room. That's what really surprised me. Lack of attention to detail to a place that otherwise looked great and should have been great. In all the hotels we stayed at on our journey, this was the only one with an issue.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
MAuchard, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denton, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Hurricanegrace,

Let me start by apologizing that you did not receive a return phone call from me regarding your recent stay at our hotel, while the condition of the room is not acceptable, receiving a return call should not have happened.

I would like to have the opportunity to make this up to you and speak with you about your stay. Of course Trip Advisor protects your privacy and I do not have a way to research you as a guest and contact you directly.

Please contact me by calling our hotel directly at 940-382-0420 or you may email me, MAuchard@ChartwellHospitality.com.

I hope to have the opportunity to work with you directly to make your experience as you expect from Hilton.

Michaela Auchard
Martinez, Georgia
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel has it all! Suites that have a bedroom door in your King bed supplied bedroom so your child can sleep on the queen sleeper sofa while you and the wife have your own privacy. Full size refrigerator with sink and stovetop. Plates, silverware etc already in unit. Downstairs they have a half court basketball court, two very nice stainless steel grills, a pool and a full breakfast buffet. Lastly, they have some of the nicest people working at the front desk that you will find anywhere. I'm not talking about one or two people, I'm talking about everyone that works at the desk. They were very accommodating, cheerful, professional and made us feel like we were the only customer that they had. The place also is new or at least it looks like it. All rooms are inside, it's very close to eating and convenient to the expressway yet far enough away from it to be quiet at night. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that it has the A/C thermostat on the wall and controls air and heat just like a central unit at home! Comfortable bed, nice shower, good food. They even will let you borrow DVD movies for free to play in the DVD player that comes with the room. This place is da bomb jiggidy! Okay, I got a little excited there - LOL. It really was a great place. I don't know what more one could want.

Room Tip: Get the one with the bedroom door...your wife (and you) will love it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family