Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
Comfort Inn(Denton)
  • Pool
All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsmicrowave and refrigeratornice hotelfresh cookiespool and hot tubgreat night's sleepfrontage roadcomfortable bedbusiness travelclean roomsother hotelsthe breakfast areadesk clerkchecking inexcellent breakfasthotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2014

After having an exceptional experience at a HIE in Austin airport area, I chose this one in Denton. Not the same at all. When I checked in, someone had left the AC set to 60 degrees. The room was like a walk-in cooler. It took over an hour with the heat on to get it comfortable enough to sleep. The internet is terrible. I get so tired of lousy internet at hotels. This is inexcusable in 2014. Light bulbs were out, bath drain would not close, etc etc. overall it didn't totally suck, but don't assume all HIE's are the same.

Stayed: April 2014
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to hear that you didn't completely enjoy your stay with us. I have shared your review with our staff so we can work to improve on the issues you had. I hope next time you're in Denton you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had the pleasure to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites UNT in Denton Texas.The hotel is clean and well maintained.Breakfast was good,the rooms are spacious and the pool and hot tub were just just what the Doctor ordered.The pool was a bit on the small side but since I was alone most of the time,it did not matter.The fitness room was way small and if this is important to you,you may want to stay elsewhere.I hate that I am so bad with names but the young slim hispanic lady on the evening shift was nice and very professional ( Good luck in nursing school ).I will stay here again the next time I'm in Denton.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ColesDad1
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! I know which employee you're speaking of and I will pass your kind words to Luz! I'm glad to hear that you will stay here again with us and we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Seconds stay at this hotel.Stayed one night for stop-over on way to San Antonio. Room was very comfortable with comfortable bed. Pretty good continental breakfast. Quiet stay. Just wanted to comment that the girl at the front desk when we checked in was really working hard, as several others were trying to check in at the same time. This young lady stayed very professional and courteous, despite being the only front desk person at the time we checked. Overall great stay, though a short one. Thank you!

Room Tip: Very convenient to I-35, though a little difficult to get to if your not familiar to the area. Several places to eat and shop close by
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad to read that it was better than your first stay. We look forward to seeing you here again on your next trip through Denton.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I got this hotel for an 11 day stay from Priceline at a good price. I finally asked if the hotel was new (it is 5 years old) because everything in my room and the lobby was like-new. My room was very clean and comfortable and I had not trouble with wifi in or out of the room. I was perpendicular to the highway but did not notice noise at night. There was a like-new washer and dryer on the floor near the elevators. I was not the only one to use it (washing costs $1.00, do not know drying cost as I just hung the stuff up to dry). I came and went at odd hours because I was tending a post-surgical relative and the parking lot was well lit and safe at all hours. There is a large Wal-Mart shopping center very close by with several eating places. The free breakfast was not unusual but was always fresh and kept clean. Still if you are not just passing through Denton, try to go to the downtown square for a meal or a drink. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again. You must go west on 380 under 35E and turn by a gas station to access the hotel if you are arriving from the south.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for your review.Our goal is to provide our guests with an excellent stay and I'm happy to hear we provided that for you. I'm also happy to hear that our amenities were what you needed and that you enjoyed them. Thank you for the tips on how to get here, I'm sure it will assist other guests who are reading the reviews. We hope to see you next time you're in Denton.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Efficient check-in. Reserved room via phone Internet in the parking lot just prior to entering hotel at 11:00 pm. Great option for those who prefer not to experience Dallas traffic in the daytime. Offered IHG member welcome gift. Plenty of well-lit parking. Spacious, clean, like-new bathroom and king bedded room with microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen TV, desk, arm chair with ottoman, and entry hall mirror. Quiet. Slept well. Room lacked the typical Express pillow choices. Only offered soft. Standard Express breakfast, except no bacon, my Express favorite, aside from bananas, of which they had four. Would have rated property five star if they'd offered bacon. Would repeat stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you only had the soft pillows in your room, we do have the firm pillows at our hotel as well. We'll make sure you have both selections in your room next time you're in town. I have some news I think you'd like to hear, we do offer bacon! We alternate our menu daily to offer a variety of selections. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Alexandria