“Good Hotel Not the Best Location”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Bryant, Arkansas
“Good Hotel Not the Best Location”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had the pleasure to stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites UNT in Denton Texas.The hotel is clean and well maintained.Breakfast was good,the rooms are spacious and the pool and hot tub were just just what the Doctor ordered.The pool was a bit on the small side but since I was alone most of the time,it did not matter.The fitness room was way small and if this is important to you,you may want to stay elsewhere.I hate that I am so bad with names but the young slim hispanic lady on the evening shift was nice and very professional ( Good luck in nursing school ).I will stay here again the next time I'm in Denton.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ColesDad1
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! I know which employee you're speaking of and I will pass your kind words to Luz! I'm glad to hear that you will stay here again with us and we look forward to seeing you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Seconds stay at this hotel.Stayed one night for stop-over on way to San Antonio. Room was very comfortable with comfortable bed. Pretty good continental breakfast. Quiet stay. Just wanted to comment that the girl at the front desk when we checked in was really working hard, as several others were trying to check in at the same time. This young lady stayed very professional and courteous, despite being the only front desk person at the time we checked. Overall great stay, though a short one. Thank you!

Room Tip: Very convenient to I-35, though a little difficult to get to if your not familiar to the area. Sever...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad to read that it was better than your first stay. We look forward to seeing you here again on your next trip through Denton.

Alexandria Hensley

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I got this hotel for an 11 day stay from Priceline at a good price. I finally asked if the hotel was new (it is 5 years old) because everything in my room and the lobby was like-new. My room was very clean and comfortable and I had not trouble with wifi in or out of the room. I was perpendicular to the highway but did not notice noise at night. There was a like-new washer and dryer on the floor near the elevators. I was not the only one to use it (washing costs $1.00, do not know drying cost as I just hung the stuff up to dry). I came and went at odd hours because I was tending a post-surgical relative and the parking lot was well lit and safe at all hours. There is a large Wal-Mart shopping center very close by with several eating places. The free breakfast was not unusual but was always fresh and kept clean. Still if you are not just passing through Denton, try to go to the downtown square for a meal or a drink. I would recommend this hotel and stay here again. You must go west on 380 under 35E and turn by a gas station to access the hotel if you are arriving from the south.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your review.Our goal is to provide our guests with an excellent stay and I'm happy to hear we provided that for you. I'm also happy to hear that our amenities were what you needed and that you enjoyed them. Thank you for the tips on how to get here, I'm sure it will assist other guests who are reading the reviews. We hope to see you next time you're in Denton.

Alexandria Hensley
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Efficient check-in. Reserved room via phone Internet in the parking lot just prior to entering hotel at 11:00 pm. Great option for those who prefer not to experience Dallas traffic in the daytime. Offered IHG member welcome gift. Plenty of well-lit parking. Spacious, clean, like-new bathroom and king bedded room with microwave, mini-fridge, flat screen TV, desk, arm chair with ottoman, and entry hall mirror. Quiet. Slept well. Room lacked the typical Express pillow choices. Only offered soft. Standard Express breakfast, except no bacon, my Express favorite, aside from bananas, of which they had four. Would have rated property five star if they'd offered bacon. Would repeat stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BrookeStanley4485, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that you only had the soft pillows in your room, we do have the firm pillows at our hotel as well. We'll make sure you have both selections in your room next time you're in town. I have some news I think you'd like to hear, we do offer bacon! We alternate our menu daily to offer a variety of selections. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Alexandria
Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were welcomed on arrival by a very nice young man,, ( Justin.. I think)
Very Helpful and made us feel that our business was appreciated. Hotel was everything you would expect from a HIE.. Rooms are nice and above HIE standard. Only 1 problem was the Wifi was not working and couldn't connect... that might have been our fault though....
Would stay here again and happy to recommend. Good price too

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kivapierce
Mountain Home, AR
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Clean, slept well, food and beverage area was open and open atmosphere. Highly suggest this hotel though it is off the beaten path. Downtown Denton, Texas also has some neat areas with good food and dining experiences. There for business though worth a couples stop also right off the Interstate. Harder to find where it is tucked away which helps safety.

Room Tip: All seemed handy and several floors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2013

If you don't want to deal with Dallas traffic, staying in Denton is a good option. This hotel is a good one to stay at. It's a well run property. The staff is welcoming and helpful. Cleanliness is important to me and this hotel passes with flying colors. And what good is a hotel for if you can't get a good night's sleep. I got a great night's sleep. I like it when a hotel offers different pillow softness. The room is spacious with all your standard amenities on hand. The restaurant options in the near vicinity is sparse but drive a couple of miles and you should be able to find something. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo