“Pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Santa Barbara, California
“Pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My son and I were visiting Denton to check out UNT. I found this hotel on Hotwire at a great price. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The young man at the front desk was extremely friendly and helpful. Coincidentally, he plays saxophone like my son, and, while not a music major he has many friends who are. He gave us a lot of good information about the university and the music department! The second night we were there the internet was down. I was trying to print out our boarding passes for the next day. The same young man allowed me to use the computer behind the desk to print out our boarding passes - I would say this was above and beyond the call of duty! If my son ends up going to UNT we will definitely be staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIEDentonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Hello.

Thank you for allowing us to host your stay while visiting UNT....Go Eagles! I will gladly pass on your compliments to Nathan, he will be happy to know he was able to be of huge help to you all.

One of the unique qualities about my staff is that we have to ability to conversate with our guests about any and most of the local restaurants, historical sites and/or universities, etc.

I wish your son the best of luck on his quest to find the best university for him. We hope you to see you regularly! Have a great day!

Brooke Stanley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Addison, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was my second time staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton and I really enjoyed my stay again.

During this visit I just happened to stay on a Wednesday when they have a Manager Reception and it was nice. They provided a Pasta Dinner with Appetizers for all guests.

I also liked the ability to be shuttled to the University of North Texas. The shuttle driver was very friendly and I must say the breakfast this time was better then my last visit, they added French Toast but there was no powdered sugar.

I will be booking again on my next visit to Denton.

Room Tip: If you happen to stay at this hotel on a Wednesday be sure to stay for the Wednesday Manager Recepti...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kane K
Hello.

Thank you so much for returning! I loved the comment about the French Toast. I'll make a request for powedered sugar. I'm glad you were able to experience Manager's Reception, our guests usually have a great time.

I am really pleased to hear your stay this time around was an improvement from your prior visit! If at any time you feel there are things we could/should be doing better, we welcome and appreciate your input.

We look forward to your next visit!

arlington tx,76006
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Nice clean hotel, nothing bad at all but my rate was$169.99 per night....a long way from the $103 listed here so make sure you check the rate when making reservation.

• Stayed March 2012
Liberty
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

My stay at Holiday Inn was great. The hotel staff was wonderful, the room was beautiful and the break was hot and delicious. If you are coming to visit the colleges they are about 5:10 minutes away alone with the stores and eateries. This is where I'll be staying when I come to Denton my daughter goes to TWU GO DUBS! Thank you for a WONDERFUL STAY HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS.

Miss Antoinette

Room Tip: The location of the hotel is great, rooms large and beautiful
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Antoinette G
Hello there,

Thank You for your compliments about our hotel! I will share your post with my staff and I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear it.

We take pride in giving our guests a beyond "satisfactory" experience. It's a great feeling when I can share comments like yours with the staff. Please come back and visit soon.

We certainly welcome and appreciate any and all feedback. Have a great day!

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The room was very nice and spacious, but the carpet needed more cleaning. We never made a comment to front desk so I guess that was our fault. We stayed two nights because we were going to WinStar Casino. Very good location and the price was good ($55.00 with Hotwire). Maybe it was just a bad day for housekeeping because all other areas were very clean. Pillows were too fluffy/spongy. (Neck ache) The lady who takes care of breakfast was excellent. Always attentive and brought the biscuits and scrambled eggs very HOT. It was a bit difficult to find at first... If you are coming from Dallas, you need to exit University Drive, turn left, and then turn right on Mesa Street. Will stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SanAn2nioTX
Hello.

I wanted to take the time to say Thank You for your comments. I'm sure other guests will truly appreciate you offering directions...it can be somewhat challenging if not given adequate directions. We appreciate that.

Please humble us by allowing us to host your next stay in the Denton area. We will definately improve your first-time impression of our hotel and staff. Breakfast will still be HOT & READY for you!

We hope to see you again!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

We just checked out of this hotel and it was terrible. Absolutely no could customer service. Our room was not clean meaning hair all over the bathroom trash left in the room under the bed/desk/bathroom sink. Our sheets were dirty we found this tiny stick like things and food crumbs all over and the floor was filthy enough to turn our socks brown. The indoor pool and hot tub had clumps of hair in them. And a pregnant woman with a toddler and five bags should be offered some kind of assistance. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone. What did have to say about these problems? Nothing. Apparently they cannot fix anything. AWFUL.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HIEDentonGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Greetings,

I am very saddened to hear about you unsatisfactory stay with us. We were under the impression we had resolved this issue at the time it was brought to our attention. I am sorry this was not the case.

We adhere to strict hygene standards for all our guestrooms. I certainly apologize to you for not providing you a more enjoyable guest experience. We are very proud to have a beautiful and inviting hotel and wish for you to give us another opportunity next time your in Denton. Thank you again for your honesty.

Poteau
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

My son ( who is in a wheelchair) his 13 yr. old daughter and my mother ( who is 84) and I stayed here for a couple of days and we were so plesed at how nice the Hotel was. Vewry clean and the employees were not only great help they were very pleasant. Seemed to not be just a job to them but they were doing it to help others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbra M
Hello.

On behalf of myself and the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Denton Staff, we sincerely Thank You for your remarks. It is always beneficial to receive feedback beit good, bad, or indifferent.

We hope the next time you're in the area, you'll give us the opportunity to host your stay again. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!