“Too Loud. No sleep!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Denton
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Too Loud. No sleep!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Beautiful hotel. Great price. But.... The doors have a 6 inch gap underneath and I could hear other people in their rooms. Had tob be quiet because I did not want others to hear me. Could hear EVERYTHING. The gap also caused a suction which made doors slam loudly.

• Stayed October 2012
helmhotelsgroup, Vice President at Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Stephani,

We are sorry that you had anything but the best night's sleep possible while staying with us. If you wouldn't mind, could you please contact our General Manager at the hotel and let him know which room you were staying in so that we could investigate this issue for you? Our goal is to deliver the best stay possible each and every time, and without your input we wouldn't be able to achieve our goal. Thanks for the comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Lavon, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The staff is great and treat you like family, all go out of there way to make your stay a wonderfull and welcome stay. Beeca and Stephnie are two bright and smiling faces that let you know that your going to have a great stay at this hotel.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I typically try and stay at the Hilton's but couldn't get in at our corporate rate. So I checked the Mariott but couldn't get in there either... so I picked this one not expecting much... man was I surprised.

The property appears new but I was told it is 3 years old. The lobby is modern and well appointed. The room was even nicer, well equipped, clean and in great condition (picture of my room attached). The resturant and barr staff were all very friendly and accomodating. The wine opener broke and they sent someone to Target to get a new one, came back and paid for the glass for our wait.

It's one of those hotels where I took pictures to send to my co-workers saying, "Here is the place to stay when you are in Denton."

Room Tip: Room was quiet, no noticable road noise or hall noise.
2 Thank DanielMT4061
Broad Run, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 1, 2012

It has been years since I stayed at a Best Western. I was in Denton on a business trip. The first night I stayed at the Hampton Inn. It was one of the worst nights I experienced in a hotel. I looked for another hotel all the hotels i usually stay at were booked so I tried this hotel. When I walked in the lobby i was blown away. This was not a best western i remember. Then when I got to my room I was floored it was one of the nicest rooms I have had a chance to stay in.
In fact I took a picture of it and sent it to my wife.
I usually stay at Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott. And I am a member of the Disney Vacation club. This room compared to the disney vacation club rooms at the Animal Kingdom KV which was rate the top resort in North America.
My next trip to Texas I was looking for another Best Western Premier.

Decatur, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our room was nicely appointed, comfortable and quiet--no disturbances from hallway or overhead as we experienced in a hotel across the street from you earlier in the year. We arrived late, just as the bar was closing, but the bartender was gracious and accommodating when we asked for a cocktail. Breakfast was just ok--sausage not up to par and faux eggs not to our liking. I called several hours after leaving the hotel to report my reading glasses missing. Sam at the front desk was kind enough to return my call just a few minutes later with the good news that he had found my glasses and would hold them for me to pick up the following day. We will most definitely return to this hotel when the occasion arises. Thank you.

Huntington, NY
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My daughter recently competed in a vocal program at the university of North Texas and we decided to stay at this hotel. This property was a wonderful surprise: lovely large rooms; clean, nicely decorated, good quality towels and linens; very small closets but good drawer space. The bathrooms featured a stylish sink and a huge shower with a rain head and extra shower heads. Great bang for the buck! Breakfast each morning and a nice cash bar in the evening. I would definitely recommend for a local visit. Good for business and family trips.

Room Tip: We had a corner king suite and a double queen suite - both were spacious. 4th floor locations were...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Angleton, Texas
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We come to the area every year for NASCAR and usually stay in Ft. Worth. This year we stayed at Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites in Denton. GREAT place to stay! We have already made our reservations for our NASCAR trip in 2013. From the minute we checked in until the minute we checked out, the staff was awesome!!! First...Becca at reception was fantastic...she made sure we had everything we needed and definately went the extra mile to help us out and make us comfortable. The General Manager was extremely friendly and was involved in every aspect to make sure the hotel ran smoothly, from making sure coffee urns were full to helping serve breakfast, to getting us extra supplies for our room and helping at the front desk. No wonder his team is so awesome! What great leadership! The breakfast every morning was fabulous! The room was very large and roomy. I had a spill in my room and told the housekeeping supervisor and they took care of it immediately. The only thing negative I have to say is I wish they would use air freshner in the rooms, because my room had a bit of a musty smell. I never said anything about it to them or I am sure they would have made sure to take care of that too. The hotel is in a good area and I never felt threatened. Lots of businesses and good restaurants very close. Sorry this is so long, but I could go on an on about what a perfect place this is! I would definately recommend this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the oversize queen room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends