“High expectations shot down...”
Review of Old West Cafe

Old West Cafe
Ranked #3 of 379 Restaurants in Denton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“High expectations shot down...”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Wildest omelet. No seasoning. Ingredients didn't taste fresh..., refrigerator taste. I went home and put it back in the skillet to add flavor. I WON'T EAT THERE AGAIN! Disappointed. Should have gone to IHOP or DENNY'S.

Denton, Texas
“**** YES”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Ok. I've eaten breakfast at some great places. The Rio (World Buffet) in Vegas back in the 90s when it was $9 and had LOBSTER. The NCO Club in Okinawa with their skillets that were to DIE for. Even some other places in NM, LA, and VA. Old West Cafe is better than all of them, and I'm not sure how close it is. It's the only resturant I'll happily go to and wait in line 30+ minutes to get in the door. I've NEVER had good food there, ONLY great food. Not to mention, their skillets....just plain YUM. I might need to go right now.

Visited February 2013
Denton, Texas, USA
“Great Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Cafe has awesome breakfast! The food is plentiful and extremely good, if not a bit pricey. The cafe itself has a great ambiance and you should expect to wait for a table. This is a great experience coupled with excellent service.

• Visited December 2012
Sanger, Texas
“Down Home at it's best”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

If you aren't watching your waistline this is the place to go. They offer "down home" selections for every meal with serving sizes that will overwhelm you. All selections could be easily shared with leftovers. They aren't in to cutting calories although they have added some "healthier" items to the menu recently. Very crowded on the weekends for breakfast. They excel at breakfast and their burgers are probably the best around.

Visited December 2012
“So good it's unreal!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just ate at old west for the first time and I have to say I wasn't expecting much. The wait was long but people seemed to be enjoying their food. Once we were seated and I got to look at the menu I was overwhelmed with all the amazing choices of what sounded like unvelieveably amazing food. I ordered the train robber which was a huge breakfast burrito filled with hashbrowns, eggs, sausage, bacon, ham and topped with a queso sauce. It was absolutely amazing and I barely could stomach half of it. Best food I've had in a while. Clearly isn't a place that buys processed crap and serves it. This is home style down right amazing food your momma couldn't top. After eating my friend and I were discussing the wait, which was maybe 25 minutes, and forgot all about it. There is a long wait but the food is so worth it. It is clearly the best place to eat hands down. Love love loved it and will return as soon as I lose the 30 pounds I gained :)

Been to Old West Cafe? Share your experiences!